KiteLife Forum

Spare rev parts uk

kevmort

Morning guys and girls

I'm looking for a bit of help please I was happily flying my rev yesterday and gave my mate a go within 5 minutes there was a little pop followed by a " that's not looking right " looking at the lower left spar ! , with kite safely on the ground it was time for inspection with my mate saying " I hope I've not broken it ! " on inspection I find that one of the two rubber washers is missing letting the elastic cord half come out the sail ! So now I find myself looking for replacement parts in the uk has anyone any idea where I can get some please ??

Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app

Same deal here with a friend flying mine.

They are non critical so cut a new one out of a plastic bottle cap. Mount it so the dome of the cap faces the right way to be kinder on the sail. It got me out of trouble till the new parts turned up.

I think the genuine Revolution shock cord and washers come as a kit and cost me a fortune (for what they were) when I bought them last. 

Well as a field repair I put both cords through the remaining washer and that did not affect the flying , I've just had the idea of trying some tap washers ! There cheep and readily available all over the place , there tough but not too tough, one other thing I have noticed is the cord has got granny knots on the ends so I'll change them for figure 8 knots as there bigger and easier to undo IMG_3662.JPGIMG_3661.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app

• Like 1