KiteLife Forum

Fulcrum

windwarrior

Ok!

So I've been checking out this new Fulcrum but yet to pull the trigger on purchasing just yet. Kinda just debating between it and other quads. Curious about anything other than the flat Rev's I have already. 

Anybody have one they can review or chat about? 

Have any other quads besides Rev or Fulcrum?  If so, chime in and give some feedback. 

Thanks! 

15 hours ago, windwarrior said:

Ok!

So I've been checking out this new Fulcrum but yet to pull the trigger on purchasing just yet. Kinda just debating between it and other quads. Curious about anything other than the flat Rev's I have already. 

Anybody have one they can review or chat about? 

Have any other quads besides Rev or Fulcrum?  If so, chime in and give some feedback. 

Thanks! 

Tc ultra is a classic dual to quad adventure

I not sure but most quads follow the flat plane, unless you go foil

I have a Fulcrum and it is very fun quad to fly. It pulls hard in 10 mph wind. It flys very precise and you can fly in reverse at full speed without one wing folding. It is hard to get it to side slide like the rev. Not sure what line is recommended but I’ll switch to 150 lb if I’m flying it in wind over 10 to 12. It is definitely different than the 1.5’s I’ve been flying. It’s very easy to fly straight lines across the sky due to the shape of the wings. With the light frame I was easily able to fly in 3 or 4 mph wind. In lighter wind you can get it to float on its back when reversing downward from the center of the wind window. It is definitely a good addition to my quad collection and is a blast to fly.

Sent from my IPhone

• Like 1

The rods are way different. The 3 piece rod that we are used to is the leading edge on a rev. In the Fulcrum the center is on the front of the kite and the 2 outside pieces go thru the sail and come out on the backside of the kite. You also have four upright spars that stay in the kite that get pressure put on them by four standoff’s that attache to the three piece “leading edge” rods

Sent from my IPhone

The rods are way different. The 3 piece rod that we are used to is the leading edge on a rev. In the Fulcrum the center is on the front of the kite and the 2 outside pieces go thru the sail and come out on the backside of the kite. You also have four upright spars that stay in the kite that get pressure put on them by four standoff’s that attache to the three piece “leading edge” rods

Sent from my IPhone

IMG_2439.JPG

Sent from my IPhone

Cool, I think it is so interesting to see what different designers have presented throughout the yearsI I have been captivated since being a kid in 1997. I would love any input to differences if the flight style of the quads with different frame styles from different designers

I met tc once and adore the innovation he presented ,, were his kites as a quad , , precisely different?

By the way in1997 I was maybe 17 And along with you guys I will always be a kid !!! Right!!!

12 hours ago, khsidekick said:

I have a Fulcrum and it is very fun quad to fly. It pulls hard in 10 mph wind. It flys very precise and you can fly in reverse at full speed without one wing folding. It is hard to get it to side slide like the rev. Not sure what line is recommended but I’ll switch to 150 lb if I’m flying it in wind over 10 to 12. It is definitely different than the 1.5’s I’ve been flying. It’s very easy to fly straight lines across the sky due to the shape of the wings. With the light frame I was easily able to fly in 3 or 4 mph wind. In lighter wind you can get it to float on its back when reversing downward from the center of the wind window. It is definitely a good addition to my quad collection and is a blast to fly.

Sent from my IPhone

I'm wondering about line choices too. I would think that the linesets for Rev would work just as well for the Fulcrum. 

12 hours ago, khsidekick said:

Sent from my IPhone

More pics of the set up would be fantastic!!! My biggest concern is how stable / secure the spars connect to the kite. I've seen some not so great set ups.

Some quads are anything but "flat". Google Benson Airbow and Deca Synergy. Two very not-flat quads. Every quad has its own, sometimes radically different, flight characteristics. All will do some moves that the others can't. A Revolution kite is actually a 3D, non-flat sail when there is wind pressure on the sail. Get near one and take a good look at it when someone else is flying it. The advantage that the Revs have over the other types is the ability to revert from 3D towards flat when the wind pressure is reduced or eliminated, which makes side slides, axels and some other moves easier. Moves like axels are extremely difficult, if not impossible, using a 3D sail.

Not saying that any one is better than another, just that they are all different. Obviously, the one you prefer will be the one with which you have the most fun. That's why when another person is flying something you haven't flown yet, you should ask to try it. 

• Like 3

Also, because of framing and bridling differences among the various quad designs it may take a huge amount of adjustment to fly if you use Rev handles, especially for the designs that are near to or actually symmetrical from top to bottom. Sometimes the Rev handles and lines are just not compatible because of line length offsets and physical dimension and shape of the handles. In other words, it's just way too much adjustment as compared to just using the original handles. I'm not saying it can't be done -- just more time and hassle than using the ones that come with the kite.

47 minutes ago, makatakam said:

Also, because of framing and bridling differences among the various quad designs it may take a huge amount of adjustment to fly if you use Rev handles, especially for the designs that are near to or actually symmetrical from top to bottom. Sometimes the Rev handles and lines are just not compatible because of line length offsets and physical dimension and shape of the handles. In other words, it's just way too much adjustment as compared to just using the original handles. I'm not saying it can't be done -- just much time and hassle than using the ones that come with the kite.

Hmmm....

There are promo videos available, a quick search will find them ! 

Although I have not flown one myself I have seen them flown by Carl Robertshaw and Josh Mitcheson, the flying technique is different than that of the Rev but nothing that is too alien for a quad flyer !

The Fulcrum is available as standard, ultra light or vented plus there is the option of using the colorizer for your custom version !

2 minutes ago, oapbillf said:

There are promo videos available, a quick search will find them ! 

Although I have not flown one myself I have seen them flown by Carl Robertshaw and Josh Mitcheson, the flying technique is different than that of the Rev but nothing that is too alien for a quad flyer !

The Fulcrum is available as standard, ultra light or vented plus there is the option of using the colorizer for your custom version !

I'm well aware of the videos out there but not a single one shows the details of the kite nor how to assemble. Not even on the site selling them. THAT'S what I'd like to see. 

Matter of fact, the site selling them is the worst of all!! LOL! One plain picture showing color options and thats it. 

I'm well aware of the videos out there but not a single one shows the details of the kite nor how to assemble. Not even on the site selling them. THAT'S what I'd like to see. 
Matter of fact, the site selling them is the worst of all!! LOL! One plain picture showing color options and thats it. 

IMG_2443.JPG

Sent from my IPhone