KiteLife Forum

Sky Shark CXL Carbon Tubes

cjkramos

I tried searching and couldn't find any info on these. Has anybody had any experience with them? $90 shipped for all three sets seems too good to be true.

http://www.kitesandfunthings.com/Products/QUAD-FRAME-KITS__quadkit.aspx

http://www.kitesandfunthings.com/Products/SKY-SHARK-CXL-CARBON-TUBE__sscxlcarbontube150.aspx

Actually it's $75 for a full set of 3 frames.

Buy 1 each size for 75.00  

I use a lot of Skyshark and have never had the slightest issue, but I haven't used the CXL. I can't imagine them being anything but top notch..

****Big note though. Keep in mind the outer diameter is slightly larger than Rev or standard Skyshark rods so you will probably have to alter, adjust or replace your endcaps from stock..

• Like 1

Actually it's $75 for a full set of 3 frames.
Buy 1 each size for 75.00  
I use a lot of Skyshark and have never had the slightest issue, but I haven't used the CXL. I can't imagine them being anything but top notch..
****Big note though. Keep in mind the outer diameter is slightly larger than Rev or standard Skyshark rods so you will probably have to alter, adjust or replace your endcaps from stock..

Ok. Good to know. With shipping it’s $90

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They come with pieces in the ends that fit in revs end caps. I have all three but haven’t flown with them but a couple times so can’t really comment on performance. Couldn’t pass up 3 frames, cxl 150, 250 and 350 for $75. Can’t beat the price.

Sent from my IPhone

• Like 1

@happysuperbutton You may be interested in these. The price makes experimentation a bit less "pain in the pocketbook". If you do get some, don't forget you'll need to make ferrules and/or buy already ferruled tubesets. The links take you to their home page which has lots of building stuff.

• Thanks 1

[mention=11111]happysuperbutton[/mention] You may be interested in these. The price makes experimentation a bit less "pain in the pocketbook". If you do get some, don't forget you'll need to make ferrules and/or buy already ferruled tubesets. The links take you to their home page which has lots of building stuff.

The first link I posted in the OP is for a ready to install set. Ferrules already installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If there is anybody else trying these and has sets of P rods to compare against - I'm all ears. Right now I'm using P-100. P-300, and, P-400 frames in my Phoenix sails. A little more bend than I'm used to in other rods I've used before. Wondering on the "snap-back" of these others.......

I'm experimenting with a Skyshark tube that both Red and black (50% each side),.. I've cut 'em down to 18 inch travel frame for a Zen (so it fits into the Orvis case) and found it still an effective no-wind kite (it ain't a set of Rev's diamonds though, which I'd happily pay 30 bucks per stick to get "right", alas they are only made left now ~HA!)

I have some more SS 2 tones to try out in the 1.5 sized platform, just haven't gotten to it yet (those will remain a standard 5 tube layout for framing)

I'm looking at a rod to rod comparison, no extra ferrules for added stiffness, etc. Just a straight comparison. I find the P rods just a little "mushy", but stupidly strong. Got stuck on a wrong setup and flew our Ashes in midvent winds and the P-100s performed admirably. Probably would have destroyed a set of Diamonds ....!

So if there is anyone out there ..........