KiteLife Forum

TKL Quad Clinic @ SPI (Feb 4, 2018)

John Barresi

Registration for one person, provides full access to instruction at this fun and educational workshop covering the most important aspects of QUAD LINE flying on The Flats in South Padre Island TX (capped at 20 students total) following the SPI Kite Festival.

Exact location

https://goo.gl/maps/Wf5NZPu4wfo

Skill levels from first time flyers all the way up to masters are welcome, there is content for everyone and four instructors (ratio of 5 to 1) available all day including Team KiteLife members John Barresi, Scott Benz (@mystainedskin), Eli Russell (@windpoacher) and Brett Marchel (@Flight Risk).

01719331-6F30-4DFC-B235-240D1E207980.jpeg 8B5A545C-270C-4BCB-9C90-9058B24BCFF7.jpeg

Schedule is 10am to 4pm - we cover an incredible library of important fundamentals in the “Quad 101” starting presentation, so please do be on time and consider something for taking notes - this is also a bring your own kite affair, but all types are welcome.

We will break for a one hour lunch around noon, but some of the instructors will still be on the field assisting with remedial skills.

By early afternoon we should be introducing folks to how easy team flying  can be with a little information and understanding of how it all works - those who feel ready will also participate in a mega fly all together... NOTE: Team flying participation does require 120’ length lines and a 1.5 comparable kite of any brand.

Signed up so far:

==

Signup link

http://kitelife.com/forum/store/product/72-tkl-clinic-spi-quad-line-feb-4th-2018/

Registration fee - $80

• Like 5

On 11/13/2017 at 7:11 PM, John Barresi said:

Feb 4, 2018 ... following the SPI Kite Festival.

On 1/6/2018 at 1:37 AM, John Barresi said:

scheduled 10am-4pm both days

Both days? Is this just the 4th, or both the 3rd and 4th?

I'm trying to justify the 7 hour drive across Texas plus the cost of two clinic tickets and other expenses.  I dismissed it earlier since the title says only the 4th. If it is two days I'll start finding room in my budget.

Dang, apologies, clearly got my bell rung when I made that correction - it is just the one day (4th), although it’s preceded by one heck of a kite festival where we’re all pretty accessible and I think you’d be shocked how much ground is covered in a single day of quad workshop, can still literally cut years off a learning curve. ;)

• Like 1

Please come to the festival,

join in the fun, steal others' techniques and tricks, watch how easy literally thousands of hours of practice make it look, check-out equipment used as conditions vary, witness the spectacle of indoor flight by some of the nations' best pilots (+ the hackers added in to make them look better, HA,... like me!)

TKL's workshop is just icing on the cake,... that darn cake is pretty darn tasty all by itself though, find your own slice!

• Like 3

Festivals are fun, you're right about that.   I don't think I'd learn a year's worth of stuff, but they are great.

I still remember the Lincoln City festival a couple years back where the wind died and they were closing the party early since nothing would stay up. As people were walking away, the loudspeaker crackled back to life announcing they'd had a last-minute exhibition show in the dead air. You pulled out an indoor dual line kite and wowed the crowd as the unexpected finale.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...