KiteLife Forum

soon to be bridleless

feelxitxburn

well my washers for the endcaps keep sliding onto the leading edge's ends. forcing the dacron sleeving on bridle to shred and exposing the line. if the bridle breaks, am i alright just using the pigtails from the up and down shafts tand connect it to the lines?

if not... i have an 1.5 SLE now and what if i were to buy just the sail for the EXP, would that be better since it's an all nylon sail? or should i just buy another 1.5 SLE sail? i'd also be buying the P300s for the leading edge as well if i were to do a move.

Eh?

Bridle line is cheap, just buy some and replace the worn pieces. There are a number of online kite stores that sell it, and might be a brick-and-mortar near you that you could drive to and get some assistance from the owners.

All Nylon vs. polyester doesn't make very much difference. The skills of the pilot are far more important than the chemical composition of the sail material, on any size, shape or style of kite. :)

By "brick-and-mortar", I was referring to a kite store that has an actual, physical address. In other words, a non-internet STORE.

"Brick-and-mortar" is actually a reference to any business that has a front door and physical inventory that customers can walk in and touch the hardware.

Sorry if I was confusing, but if you could show the kite to the store's manager, maybe they could help.

well my washers for the endcaps keep sliding onto the leading edge's ends. forcing the dacron sleeving on bridle to shred and exposing the line.

I had that problem with my 1.5 at first. I ended up super gluing the washers to the end caps. Better yet, change to an EXP leading edge ! No need to change end caps or anything. Then save your SLE for heavy wind days or for someone who has never flown before. :)

Or... yes, you can put pigtails onthe top and bottom spar end caps. I just put my line through the cap and over it.

It gives the kite a quicker response and takes a little practice. Wobbles will show easier, so it makes a better flier out of you. However, it is harder on the kite. It wears down the top of the leading edge and the screen.

So yes, it's doable. But do you want to do it? That's up to you. I don't recommend it to people except in light wind.

:)

BB

Penny