KiteLife Forum

Quad handle types and line brands

Melissa Wallace

I make the best handles in the world. They come fully programmed with all the moves and tricks that JB can do, and can be updated online as new moves and tricks become available. The grip diameter is infinitely adjustable to fit any size of hand perfectly, and the color of grips and shafts can be programmed to whatever combination you desire. They can be had in four lengths, each made specifically for the type of kite being flown, to give you a truly zoned-in experience:

1. 17" (indoor)

2. 15" for size 1

3. 13" for 1.5's

4.11" for size II

Each comes with a lifetime warranty, and a free jar of fairy dust (for competition use). At only $1495.00 per set, they are certainly a bargain, since they are worth more than twice their weight in gold. Original TK-tied JB leaders included with each set at no additional charge. Order now and get a second set of your choice at 25% off. Will be available for shipment in exactly 13 days, for one day only. Don't miss out on this once-in-a-lifetime offer!

Dual-line straps in various configurations will be available next year.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Wayne Dowler said:

Indoor Rev handles are "only" 14"!! And my son's Rev II had 9" handles stock with it. None of those fit my needs!!!! LOL!!

You'll just have to make do with what is available. Sorry.

• Like 2

On 3/19/2018 at 12:42 PM, Breezin said:

Fantastic !! I got some plywood and 1x4 slats. I'll take 2 of each. Post dated check 3/19/2052 is in the mail. So excited.

I gotta laugh! My first quad handles were wooden home-made. Was between jobs and couldn't afford the real thing. Flew on home-made fishing line lines too. Sewed the kite myself. Frame from a McMaster-Carr catalog. The whole setup cost less than $60 in materials. If you want to know what it looked like, see my avatar. That's the one.

• Like 1

best method to do what? carbon no snag are usually coming with indoor Rev's and are having the leaders from a single piece of 100# line through inside in between 2 plastic washers kept in place by knots. for modification to no snag and better leaders just use some nylon bolts.

Indoor carbon handles are almost straight, just a really wide angle comparative with any regular Rev handles

5 minutes ago, kevmort said:

IMG_1995.JPG

Don’t know if this helps lol

Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app

That is one way!! The other is to do the "Watty mod" and get rid of the rings. Personally it is one more moving part I don't need. I modded my regular handles, and switched to snagless several years ago. Think direct drive over a mushy power steering!!

Easy, peasy to do. Does grow the length overall by about a 1/2" or so. I modded mine before I got too used to a certain length. But the amount really isn't that much to throw off mere mortals!!

But BEWARE : there is a nasty burr of metal under those seemingly harmless vinyl caps. It will lay you open if not careful with it!!!! Deburr before reassembly!!!

• Like 2

Also - don't ruin the vinyl cap when removing the hog ring, unless you have new ones to replace them with. I use a stout pair of needle nose pliers to open the ring WIDE for removal. Then use one of the existing holes to pull out the leaders, turning them 90* from where they were. a good anchor comes with a flange that covers the handle tube completely - no wear on leaders. If you use the screws in the prepackaged kit, I chuck them in a drill and use a file to knock down the last few threads, again to cut down wear. 

First set took me maybe an hour, probably can do them in 30 minutes or so now.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...