KiteLife Forum

Kaiju - coming soon!

John Barresi

Here's a picture of mine getting ready to lift off in the front yard.  My first ever attempt at one hand flying a dualie.  Short lines are going to make taking a picture a bit problematic.  Notice our cat "Polecat" laying in the drive observing.

large.5a905887b0cb3_Kaiju2-23-18readytolaunch.jpg

First picture in the air.  Shot with my Nikon D3200.

large.5a90576bbc245_Kaiju2-23-18firstflight.jpg

Not a great shot, but a great moment.  SHBKF

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Here's a picture of mine getting ready to lift off in the front yard.  My first ever attempt at one hand flying a dualie.  Short lines are going to make taking a picture a bit problematic.  Notice our cat "Polecat" laying in the drive observing.
large.5a905887b0cb3_Kaiju2-23-18readytolaunch.jpg.c037d5652727c4eec9efd6643b58b1f6.jpg
First picture in the air.  Shot with my Nikon D3200.
large.5a90576bbc245_Kaiju2-23-18firstflight.jpg.dcbb851c41df88747a2b679228207008.jpg
Not a great shot, but a great moment.  SHBKF

I got the same color too. Nice!
  • Like 2

This kite is going to remain assembled for some time.  At five feet tip to tip I will be able to easily carry it fully assembled in any vehicle with the lines attached , ready for action.  The materials, hardware & assembly are superb.  I am very impressed.  This one will no doubt have a very special place in my KiteLife.

Here it is down in the Kite Dungeon getting acquainted with another recent arrival, The Jester by RiffClown.  The beginning of a long friendship for sure.  SHBKF

large.5a906b734bda9_KaijuhangingbyitsnoseintheKiteDungeon.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Mine is #12.  You were pretty fast on the draw to get a single digit.

And this is why we call her Polecat.  Two years ago she spent several hours on top of this 25 foot light pole, until the hail & thunderstorm arrived about 3 AM.  It was her first night at her new foster home.  SHBKF

Polecat 3-14-16.JPG

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, khsidekick said:

IMG_2590.JPG
Finally got them. emoji847.png couldn’t be happier with product quality. Got #6 and my sons was purchased after the first 50 were sold. Thanks JB for the kites and the tutorial videos definitely make it easy to get started.

Sent from my IPhone

Great shot!

Hope to see it go up on Facebook... ? :)

• Like 1

On 2/24/2018 at 1:53 PM, khsidekick said:

IMG_2590.JPG
Finally got them. emoji847.png couldn’t be happier with product quality. Got #6 and my sons was purchased after the first 50 were sold. Thanks JB for the kites and the tutorial videos definitely make it easy to get started.

Sent from my IPhone

That kid must be crazy wearing a T-shirt in the snow

• Like 3