KiteLife Forum

Vented

Breezin

Winds gusting over 30 mph and will be like this till Tuesday. I would already be out there with a Enigma vented and that would not be good for the kite. Hope you get a video Esinger. It's really cool those kites went to good homes all over the world.

• Like 1

Eric, I got one of Steve's full sized vented Enigmas, flew it in ~15-16 mph the other week. A LOT more comfortable to fly than a regular standard, lol. I need to be on the lookout for some more vented duals. Maybe I need to save for a bit and have a talk with a certain someone up north...

Hoping to see you soon, if I can swing the trip to Corolla. I still have ear plugs!

:D

• Like 1

Good to know Tim, that should place the Enigmini comfortable at 20 MPH.   I hope I do see you at Corolla next month.   I told JB that I'll work on my quad skills during the weekend:rolleyes:, but after that I want all dual:D

• 3 weeks later...

Fantastic morning mild temps with winds around 5 to 6. Last 3 days winds have gusted 25 to plus 30 mph. Had chores and errands to do. Got done grabbed the Hydra went to set up and winds started gusting + 20. Sigh I do love Spring but dang it man. Sent my info to that fella up north yesterday. I'll let him guide me to the kite. Really thought long and hard about the Silver Fox vented and the Challenger Max. Going to bite the money bullet. With good flying and good fortune should last the rest of my life. Got a never flown Widow Maker Pro sewn by Steve Tapp that should be here by Thursday. Practicing some more sewing thinking about the new Widow and dreaming of the next kite ought to keep me from being to much of a :kid_cussing:. Probably not. Man I want to fly.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Breezin said:

Fantastic morning mild temps with winds around 5 to 6. Last 3 days winds have gusted 25 to plus 30 mph. Had chores and errands to do. Got done grabbed the Hydra went to set up and winds started gusting + 20. Sigh I do love Spring but dang it man. Sent my info to that fella up north yesterday. I'll let him guide me to the kite. Really thought long and hard about the Silver Fox vented and the Challenger Max. Going to bite the money bullet. With good flying and good fortune should last the rest of my life. Got a never flown Widow Maker Pro sewn by Steve Tapp that should be here by Thursday. Practicing some more sewing thinking about the new Widow and dreaming of the next kite ought to keep me from being to much of a :kid_cussing:. Probably not. Man I want to fly.

Many folks around the world sit there praying for a breeze of any kind. I guess bad or badass wind is better than none at all? Unless you fly indoor a lot and take it outside. 

• Like 2

I’ve been enjoying the steady wind on the Oregon Coast the last couple evenings after adulting. Got hired at a trucking company today. my wife is at an interview now and has another one in an hour and in two hours have an appointment to look at a house on 3 acres that’s mainly cleared and grass. Boy it would be something to have multiple flyers on 120’s in my back yard.

Sent from my IPhone

• Like 3

Right after last post went outside and yay winds were flyable for the Hydra. Got more then 4 hours in 0 to around 15. Wind ebbed and flowed nicely from the north. Nary a violent gust at all. Flew with 2 weights and nose forward the whole time. Kite would shudder a little at 15 but the wind would drop pretty quick. Kite rated for 18. Pretty sure it'll do that but I need to get more familiar with it before I explore the higher range. Really like this kite. It's flippy, precise and pretty fast. I think it and the Widow Maker are going to be a lot  different. Hoping so. Not sure I ever want to fly on a beach. Might make me want to move LOL. Better hone those ice driving skills in a hurry. Scared the piss out of myself along the Columbia and down through the Siskiyous a few times. Even drove on ice in north Florida once but the Oregon ice storms are the worst Iv'e been in. Once I have a vent the bad will be good. Once I get my kite built the bad ass will still be bad ass but BAD ASS :devil:,

• Like 1