KiteLife Forum

First look!

John Barresi

• 2 weeks later...

Had an awesome two days of finishing touches to the bridle on the Djinn and I do believe it’s done! Had the opportunity to put it in the hands of over half a dozen novice and experienced pilots at the clinic this weekend, great reviews - next step is factory samples. 🤘

AFEA2645-07D4-41CF-A0E8-D78BC72B2AA9.jpeg

• Like 3

Is the initial release going to be a standard sail, or will there be higher wind variants ? My bag is set with 4 liners with a wind range of about 2-20+mph, I am really needing something that is comfortable in 20+mph. 

The excitement of something new coming out of the Forge is probably going to cause me to sign up for it either way, but I'm hoping that there's something with a lot of venting being available !  😎

• Like 1

19 hours ago, John Barresi said:

Had an awesome two days of finishing touches to the bridle on the Djinn and I do believe it’s done! Had the opportunity to put it in the hands of over half a dozen novice and experienced pilots at the clinic this weekend, great reviews - next step is factory samples. 🤘

AFEA2645-07D4-41CF-A0E8-D78BC72B2AA9.jpeg

Ready for Hands on!! :)

• Like 1

Looking to release with a minimum of standard, mid and vented - two more tiers of venting planned as well.

That being said - I flew my standard prototype today in up to 13mph with a P100 frame if you can believe that, while the Djinn’s power is still intact, the “runaway” pull and speed is muted by the bridle... Everyone else was on mids and full vents, I expect this characteristic to carry up through the vented models too so it’s quite possible that a Djinn full vent may be as manageable as an xtra vent flown in it’s wind range.

• Like 9

30 minutes ago, John Barresi said:

Hoping to having pricing and preorders available in late June, shipping late July. 🤞

You should make it early July and early August. Late sucks. 🤣 The devil makes me do it, honest!

• Like 2