KiteLife Forum

First look!

John Barresi

Yes, full size.

My goal is to open pre orders in late June, hopefully shipping in late July.

Yes, it is adjustable using the “limiter” leg of the bridle to change the core performance and sensitivity, separate from the forward / reverse ratio you tune in with the knotted leaders on your handles.

No, I’ll say when or kindly decline. :)

1 hour ago, John Barresi said:

Yes, it is adjustable using the “limiter” leg of the bridle to change the core performance and sensitivity, separate from the forward / reverse ratio you tune in with the knotted leaders on your handles.

Oh, yeahhhh. People are gonna like this and refitting other "quads". Have you considered a cross-limiter for the reverse legs of the bridle? Kind of like the cross-active bridle on a Gemini.

• Like 1

With just enough personal flying ability to understand the flying in the videos I will humbly say it brought tears to my eyes.  Ah, the joy of understanding the beauty of superb controlled flight.

Thanks, SHBKF

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I can’t begin to express how excited I am... Behind closed doors, the recurring theme is that we’ve basically “plugged every hole” we’ve run into with the traditional 1.5 designs, and I’m very much looking forward to giving all of you a thorough walk-through of all the new features and design details when we are ready to start production on our first batch. Until then, you’ll just have to look for me at an event near you for a closer look. Deepest, warmest thanks to all of you who have shown such support, excitement and interest - it’s truly humbling, and I am working hard with the Djinn to continue to be worthy of your faith. 🤘❤️🤙

Remember, the Djinn is born from 28 years quad experience with 26 US championships, 7 years of iQuad, the entire B-Series Pro development process, and all of the extreme flying and conditions that you all know I thrive on... This kite is built and designed with a LOT of thought, no punches pulled, made to be THE next kite for everything that I do in my world, built to our highest standard (no shortcuts for cost or manufacturing process) including performance, durability, ease of use and overall quality - there is no perfect kite for everyone and flying is always a subjective experience, but this is the perfect kite for me and EVERYTHING that I do (and have done in the past). 🙏🏻

I’m positive you’ll all really enjoy the in-depth talking points, there is a lot to explain, soooo much thought and intent behind every aspect. 🤘

• Like 3

I too liked the green but would choose the warm. Had a warm Nighthawk that I didn't care for. Then I put it in the air. Wow!! I changed my mind quick. Much, much respect JB on how you're approaching your trip to Berkeley. Most folks wouldn't think about or have the regard for the effort of those promoting an event. Not saying they would be evil or anything just a little blinded by their ambitions. Happens at all kinds of events whether cars, airplanes ,electronics etc. As of yesterday I am kite broke for a short while. I've dipped my left little toe into the world of quads a wee bit. Instead of getting lines and handles for my 1.5 I got 2 more duels and some parts. My Rev is a 97 in A shape. It's going to be very educational learning on that kite and figuring out why the Djinn is the way it is. Next quad WILL be a Djinn vented. My black,red, and white  one on the colorizer looks awesome !! I know, I know Dorts will cost extra :rev_clockwork:

• Like 2