KiteLife Forum

First look!

John Barresi

Though I have not been able to ponder over the panel design by seeing it against the sky (as @Breezin addressed) and then iterate the design a few times and I sense that the sail designer might have set his mind on this one, I do say that I today share @makatakam opinion. My subjective view is that a a small zip of colour could add to the artistic and serve as a visual spice. E.g., the Tramontana is mainly a black and white kite, no doubt, but the red wingtips are a complement to that. A possible Djinn design preserving much of the current design could be like a piece of steel that is cooling down. The corners and edges are cool dark steel gray (or black), the sides are barely glowing reddish gray, but in a few small grooves/cracks you can still see that it is still glowing inside (would work with other inner glow colour scales as well while preserving the darker grey like part). On the other hand, inner glow stuff is not as original as the current Djinn design is. …and, single theme designs without any colour like HQ Infinity and Zebra (have not seen one though) work as well. Choices, options, choices, choices, options, decisions….

• Like 3

Ok, does anyone else find themselves feeling like the kite forge logo in the belly is a smidge off center? I am sure it is a just because the logo is not symetrical and that it is indeed centered. I just keep feeling it over and over again in images like a loose thread I wanna snip so it looks perfect.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using KiteLife mobile app

That's a logo ??? Man I was hoping I'd finally found a Dort. The rubber logo on the Widow ng was a little off.Bugged me for a couple weeks. Asked Jon T the best way to remove it because I kept snagging the lines on it. He said " oh I've never snagged the lines like that in hours of flying the ng".I took it as a very polite your flying must really suck LOL. Month later I didn't suck so much and grew to like the logo.I'm going to try to colorize a ugly Djinn 🙈. Just don't know if that's possible 🙉. Compelled to try though 🙊.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ACrop said:

Ok, does anyone else find themselves feeling like the kite forge logo in the belly is a smidge off center? I am sure it is a just because the logo is not symetrical and that it is indeed centered. I just keep feeling it over and over again in images like a loose thread I wanna snip so it looks perfect.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using KiteLife mobile app

First world problems. 😂