Sign in to follow this  
Breezin

Learning to dance

Got about 2 1/2 hours on kite.90 LB X 100' lines. Still intact :). After getting kite together for the 1st time noticed a small blem in front of lower LE connector. Upon closer inspection of kite and finger kite has been named before 1st flight. BS&T. Blood for the owning, Sweat for the building and Tears for the owing LOL.

Could be ELO -- Extremely Light Option.

Just under 5 hours on kite and broken sigh. Didn't get over 7 mph gusts while flying. Went to set up kite and right stand off had a fiber broke. Pretty minor for a newbie on a SUL. While taking down kite UPS showed up with parts yay. PD stand off .o60. Got .080 rod. Replace both stand offs in .080 till next order. Storms a coming so last time on PD for a few days .

Kites and Fun Things sending a set of standoffs on the house .Very cool. Glad I didn't put  different sized standoffs in. Would have been very stoopid !! When winds start gusting to 5 I think I'll be putting a different kite in the air.Grand kids out today. PDSUL,Widow and Zephyr stayed in the bag. Those kids are rough. Got smacked twice today by crashing foils. When the frames came out I was paying a lot more attention :dizzy:.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Breezin said:

Kites and Fun Things sending a set of standoffs on the house .Very cool. Glad I didn't put  different sized standoffs in. Would have been very stoopid !! When winds start gusting to 5 I think I'll be putting a different kite in the air.Grand kids out today. PDSUL,Widow and Zephyr stayed in the bag. Those kids are rough. Got smacked twice today by crashing foils. When the frames came out I was paying a lot more attention :dizzy:.

Foils for getting the kids started, for sure.

• Like 2

Pretty amazed how much this kite has taught me so far. Trying to keep it airborne in o to 1 mph on  90 lb 100' lines is no easy feat but can definitely be done. Learning how to keep wind in the sail is slowly changing my flying for the better. Winds have been to high for it since yesterday afternoon. It's been Zephyr winds but lower spreader won't make it till next week. Before the Z and PD in light winds I'd fly the Addiction. Yesterday afternoon flew it for a little bit and then got the Widow ng up. 3 weeks ago below 5 I'd be struggling to maintain control trying to stay aloft or crash as easy as possible. Way to much yanking and pumping when a lot easier smoother movement is needed.Can stay in pretty good control now and guide the kite to the ground instead of semi controlled crashes when winds drop below 3. Quite a few nice gentle turtle landings. Very pleased.3 to 4 beginning to be able to fan the kite and search the window for some lift. Succeeding more often than not. A lot less frustrating than it used to be.Was using 80' x 150 #. Next low wind day I'll try 100' x 90#. Finally got confident enough to put 50 # x 50' on the PD and prefer the longer line set. Next 2 days will be Jet Speed winds with much cussing and swearing as I try to learn that wicked thing. Maybe I can transfer some of the PD stuff but I doubt it. Common theme that the low wind range of your kite teaches you the most is sure ringing true for me. Tomorrow will be a mosh pit on the Jet. Looking forward to next week when I can Waltz with the Pro Dancer again. Starting to refer to her as Matilda :wub:.

• Like 1