KiteLife Forum

Into the Wind - Zodarion

KiteKouple

If related to  Spider kites Zodarian I'd say no. That kite  reads more like  my Addiction. Most obvious reason would be size difference. Out of my kites though the 65 inch Jewel flies most like the 8' Widow ng by design [Premier series Jewel, Wolf, Widow ]. Rookie here so not much help. If I lost the Widow ng today I'd have another on the way by tonight because I can't afford the Widow Maker Pro right now.

If you can handle that kite you can handle the Widow ng. Widow was my first kite and has been thru hell. Sail is broke in now and flies better then new. Flew it for a couple hours yesterday with no crashes. The kite was very appreciative :lol:.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Your'e going to love that kite. For me it's a very deliberate flying kite. Always seems to be waiting for me. All my other kites at times seem to have a mind of their own. That's getting better as my skills improve. It's not my most exciting kite but is still the most rewarding.When I first got it I'd take out the upper spreader and tail weight for low winds. It was pretty frustrating below 5 for a good while. Getting a Zephyr and Pro Dancer has taught me how to keep the wind in the sail better. Don't do that anymore. 1 to 3 I can now control to the ground and pull off a trick or 2.Iv'e used 80, 90, 100 lb in 80 ' and 100' line sets. Didn't care for the feel much.I stick to 150# in 80' or 100' now. Got a 130# 100' set in the mail and hoping I'll like it on the Widow ng. When in doubt just yank it and spank it. That works best when nose is not pointing down though. The ensuing thud is very chilling :lol:.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I absolutely love the Widow NG, been using it without tail and it is amazing. When I went by the shop a few days ago, I saw the Magnum (Makes: Lots of Noise) is what they told me... It's in the future for me.. Box Kite Delta first.... 

• Like 1