KiteLife Forum

Pull of Synapse 170?

Twin Roses

2 minutes ago, Breezin said:

Had 4 of my grand kids out today. Winds 0 to rarely  8 mph. Kids are 5 to 7 and were so excited when we went out. My snapshot 1.4(170 size) needs 10 to fly. Kept hollering we want to butt slide. A lot !!! Love my Pro Dancer but they think kites should pull :). 1/2 hour later one said it's pretty Ponca but you should have got pink. Sigh girls.Can we go chase the boy Alpacas now. They did. The males love it but the females not so much. Kids have all learned quick that messing with the girls gets a big green really stinky gob of spit right in your face.

Sounds like an awesme day Breezin!  Alpacas are such cool animals:)  Have a few friends who have them.  You're a lucky grandpa.  Kites, kids, and alpacas.  Doesn't get better than that! My goal is to get goats some day :)

We have a "starter" foil that is only about 50" that takes a whole lot of wind to get going.  Interesting that the Snapshot does too.  I could see that frustrating my kiddos also and they'd be heading off to collect shells;)

Had goats for food at one time. Wife has been threatening me with dairy goats for 30 years now. Lot of work but their meat, milk and cheese is fantastic. Eat anything but tumbleweeds. If they'd eat tumbleweeds probably have a small herd of 500 or so LOL. Farm them out to other places to get rid of that nasty stuff. Still think that size was a good choice for me and mine till we learn more. Spent a lot less on a kite today then I had planned for. Looks like my next foil will be coming sooner then later. Spiderkites 1.2 neon. 10 to 45 stated wind range. Going for speed not pull or power :devil:.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Breezin said:

Had goats for food at one time. Wife has been threatening me with dairy goats for 30 years now. Lot of work but their meat, milk and cheese is fantastic. Eat anything but tumbleweeds. If they'd eat tumbleweeds probably have a small herd of 500 or so LOL. Farm them out to other places to get rid of that nasty stuff. Still think that size was a good choice for me and mine till we learn more. Spent a lot less on a kite today then I had planned for. Looks like my next foil will be coming sooner then later. Spiderkites 1.2 neon. 10 to 45 stated wind range. Going for speed not pull or power :devil:.

Gotcha on the goats.  Would love to give the cheese making a try, maybe even add some fiber animals to the pack. Ah, some day.

Congrats on the new kite, enjoy, and thanks for sharing your expereinces from the beautiful day:)

• Like 1