KiteLife Forum

Mega Fly Learnings

Russ Wilson

23 hours ago, John Barresi said:

When you DO bow tie, best method is to default to a “forward flight” position with your hands, slowly step backward, and the kite should auto-right by the count of 3... At that moment, it’s all about neutral, hover.

Thanks John  - that makes sense.  Now if I can just remember to follow your advice when I'm fighting with the bowtie :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Sell-out and go to magic sticks then, you'll back up as fast as possible and never bow-tie the wings EVER again, (unless you wanted to, done as both wings together it's called a flick-Flak!)
Shook mesh weave master-piece kites back-up like they were on rail-road tracks,.... a friend flew my 135% (Frenched & sticks) and then bought one himself, he pulled me on the side and said "all this time I thought it was you!"  Ha! No, it's the kite not the pilot.

Flying a Shook weave with magic sticks in reverse is a friggin' dream!!! LOVE IT!!!

Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app
  • Like 1

Ha!, trust yourself Sari, whatever feels right,.....  must BE right!

Consider a french bridle next time a few bucks are burning hole in your pocket.  If it stinks for you I'll take it off your hands, so there's no risk whatsoever.  If the kite is more responsive in flight great, if it's too twitchy to you then go back to old faithful

REMEMBER:  You have to "tune" the French bridle's flying line attachment points thru flight tests (adjust their lengths) so your handles use the same exact knot settings regardless of which bridle is selected.,

• Like 1