KiteLife Forum

Getting better thanks to oapbill

kevmort

It was just the sail , for the first time I could fly in a box shape with the leading edge vertical and then horizontal doing side and vertical slides , within the first ten minutes of setting up I could do near perfect hovers, soon I’ll be practicing inverted moves

Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app

And the sooner we meet the better !   :rev_clockwork:

Too right making plans now as we come back from a weeks holiday on the 2nd from the IOW and will be coming home via Basingstoke and staying over night at a friends then heading home on Sunday the 3rd should be in Basingstoke around 2 pm on Saturday the 3rd bill

6 hours ago, kevmort said:

Too right making plans now as we come back from a weeks holiday on the 2nd from the IOW and will be coming home via Basingstoke and staying over night at a friends then heading home on Sunday the 3rd emoji4.png should be in Basingstoke around 2 pm on Saturday the 3rd bill emoji4.png

Good, you'll learn a lot and quickly with a bit of hands-on instruction. What were you using before? I know you mentioned it somewhere, but I'm too lazy to look for it.

Good, you'll learn a lot and quickly with a bit of hands-on instruction. What were you using before? I know you mentioned it somewhere, but I'm too lazy to look for it.

I’m hoping I do and I’ve been flying a EXP but thinking the sail has stretched some

Kevin, it sounds like your EXP needs a good look at, make sure you bring it to Basingstoke ! I will give it the once over !

I have been flying a 1996/7 vintage 1.5 that I recently obtained in a very poor condition and rebuilt it with my modifications, I am only using it as a fun kite but the damn thing flies really well in low winds often better than a "B" !     

7 hours ago, kevmort said:

DSCN0337 - Copy.JPG

Well in my early days flying my EXP like this probably didn’t help lol

It hurts just to look at that. You absolutely need to get a vented, or stop flying when it blows that hard! Of course who am I to advise you. Look at what I do with a full vent.

11080718_10205595193333500_3216189584880453018_o.jpg

15 hours ago, makatakam said:

It hurts just to look at that. You absolutely need to get a vented, or stop flying when it blows that hard! Of course who am I to advise you. Look at what I do with a full vent.

11080718_10205595193333500_3216189584880453018_o.jpg

Bully !:rolleyes:

11080718_10205595193333500_3216189584880453018_o.thumb.jpg.ac9d6ad708b056f52996e24db9bd6cc0.jpg

At least you had the spars on the right side of the kite unlike I did when I started !! And with much thanks I have a vented sail now thanks to oapbill