Hi I'm a kite newbie except for an Into the Wind Delta I had years ago. I've seen the big octopus kites all over lately, and had to have one.
Now after hours of researching I realize there is very little info out there about how to attach, what kind of line, etc.
I have found videos of how to daisy chain, and the larks head knot.
I bought 150 lb line for my 49 ft octopus. It's a soft airfoil with a complicated looking bridle. Anyone out there have one? Any tips about how to attach to a line? Do I need heavier line? EmmaKites just told me.. no, we don't have instructions. Downside of ordering from China:( Any help appreciated guys!
I am a new flier.
1) I do not like the stock handles that came with my rev 1.5B. I want to upgrade to the snagless handles, but there are solid aluminum, anodized aluminum, featherweight stainless... What are the differences? What should I get?
2) I have SkyBond Premium Spectra lines, and they bind up a lot once you hit 4-5 twists. Is this normal? I was thinking of getting Laser Pro Gold to have as primary line with the Skybond as back-up. I know both lines have been recommended on the forum. Does the LPG fly better with less binding?
The original Ninja Eyes set by Bazzer. This is the very first set made, and are the only one of two sets made in the Rev1 sail size. Sails were sewn by Bazzer, but they were finished by Revolution. They are the only kites finished by Revolution that does not have the revolution logo imprinted on them, that I know of. The other kite set is owned by Ben Dantonio, retired general manager of revolution(the last I heard). AS far as I know, these are the kites that started the series of special kites made by master kite makers for Revolution.
This set is one vented and one full sail kite, with stacking lines, 120ft laser pro line set, 15 inch snagless handles. The kites are in very good shape, I never flew them in high winds and always took good care of them. No rips, tears, or stains, mesh is in excellent shape. The buyer will be tasked with keeping a bit of Revolution history, they are listed in John Mitchell's list of notable kites in Revolution's past.
$2000, including Priority shipping in the US.
I will consider offers. I do dicker.
Hey guys! Me again! I'm here on behalf of a Mechanical Engineering Project that requires a mechanism to be built that will launch a kite in low winds so that it will be shot up to 50m where the better winds are. I'm back with another few questions to ask all of you. Any help is appreciated!
1. How do you normally launch your kites? Besides tugging and running backwards?
2. Were there any methods that didn't work? Why?
3. At what speed do you consider low winds? How fast must the wind be to lift a kite?
4. What's the weight of your kite along with the photography rigging?
5. What types of kite do you use? What are their specs? What winds do they fly in? How heavy can the lift?
6. What type of cameras do you use?
7. What has been the smallest and largest kites/payloads you have used?
8. Do you KAP on land or at sea? Which do you prefer?
9. How much would a full set be? Kite and rigging included?
10. Have you ever used methods that involved an energy source? Batteries etc.
11. Do you fly on your own or with a group?
So I was at one of the local Goodwill stores the other day and my fiance says " Hey babe, look at this" So I go over to her and she has this kite in her hand. I see it is very small. I also see it says "stunt kite. Then I notice it has 2 winders. then it hits me.....SHE FOUND A TINY DUAL LINER ! I immediately open it up and put it together and see that the standoff's make the pockets or whatever they are called pretty deep and also realize that it is proportional to my larger ones. So I look at the price......$2.freakin 99 ! I couldnt wait to try this thing....We went to the field right up from my place that I always have no success in because of the crappy wind even on windy days. THIS THING FLIES GREAT ! Even in very little and crappy wind that is all over the place,,,,it flies exactly like my larger ones ! (The reason I explain it this way is because We bought 2 junky dual liners that the standoffs barely make a pocket in the kite and they don't fly at all.) I will be flying it more today and get more videos but here are some pics and a video to keep you entertained until then.