John Barresi

Kaiju by Kite Forge (June 10th, 2018)

We're pleased to yet again announce the next prize being given away to our most appreciated supporters, the Kitelife Subscribers... For roughly 10 cents per day they play a major role in keeping KL growing in every way.

The winner of this drawing will receive one brand new Kaiju by Kite Forge, complete with 7' lines ($135 value)...

Screen-Shot-2017-12-18-at-1.31.22-PM.png

Actual prize kite is white and blue, as shown in the photo and video above.

==

Info on the Kite Forge website:

==

If you haven't done so already, You can sign up here.

Odds of winning for this prize is currently 1/363, and will be drawn on June 10th, 2018!

Our thanks, and the very best to you... Let the drooling begin. ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Boy oh boy I'll 2nd the yummy. Been trying not to buy one since day 1 cause I really want a cool kite with Dorts.

• Like 1

Maybe this is a quad head question- but is dort a real word/thing?

Also, after clinic where I actually tried a few minutes on a Kaiju dual if win this I am gonna suspect the universe is conspiring against me..... But it is not purple so the odds are short on that one. :)

Sent from my [device_name] using http://KiteLife mobile app

• Like 1

It's kinda real.Only in a slightly comedic vein though. Before the Kaiju release JB was at GWTW answering questions about the kite. One of the guys with a ton of kite knowledge was asking specifics about it and mistakenly wrote dort .In the context of the conversation I thought it was hilarious and still haven't gotten over it.Iv'e been looking for a purple kite with pink dorts ever since. Still looking :kid_smartass:.

• Like 1

I thought it was a new Simpson’s thing... DORT! The sound I make just before the kite hits the ground again.

• Like 2

I think you meant the sound we all make just after the kite bounces... Or just after I fly through your lines, just one line of course not a clean fly through that we could have a prayer of reversing in the air.

I would go for purple with lime dorts please.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://KiteLife mobile app

• Like 3

Dorts are the substantial absence caused by what would have created dots, I believe, but I may be wrong sometime tomorrow or sooner afterwards.

• Like 1

Guest LeeBB

Hello, This is a beautiful Kite.  Nice Flying, The merry go round flying was real neat

Sorry for the delay on this folks - was neck deep in a quad clinic all day yesterday in Wisconsin, drove 6.5 hrs to Detroit last night and flew back to Portland via Chicago today (on the bus to my house as we speak)... Will draw this ASAP, tonight or tomorrow morning at the latest.

Thanks for your patience, as always. 😇

• Like 1

Alright folks, thanks for waiting - got the subscriber database reconciled.

Drum roll... ;)

The winner for this round is #1453, one brand new Kaiju is going out to @Lordbuka!

Thanks to all as always for your support and participation, new prize to be announced shortly. ;)

• Like 2

Congratulations! Spank it well.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Video Tutorials

• Site Sponsors

• Similar Content

• By John Barresi
      Add on indoor clinic prior to the UK Quad Clinic, 4:30p to 9:30p, registration is $30 for 5 HOURS of indoor access and instruction with John Barresi and Josh Mitcheson covering all types of kites including single, dual and quad line.
      Indoor instruction examples - http://kiteforge.com/help
      Sign up link - http://kitelife.com/forum/store/product/78-uk-indoor-clinic-aug-29-2018/
      RSVP'd:
      @Flintfootfilly (Sarah) @FlyingHigh (Gavin) @Simon Cooper @sra7913 (Soren) @Gekko (Per) @drdante (Dan) Louse MJ @Stephen Sunderland @JWharton ? ? ? ? ? ?
    • By Exult
      To use this today not very crowded ferry port for kiting I made a 4x8.2m 38kg line set from an old DLK line set (that a SLK polyester line had cut off earlier). I have never tried this short QLK length before, but longer lines would not have been practical in this place. 
      I'd say that there was little interference with the traffic. The cars waiting to get on the ferryboat have their engines off while waiting - this was the time available for kiting. The two times when the ferry was approaching during the session, minutes before it reached the port, I put the kite stake in a icy sandy snow pack or the soil next to the road and landed the kite on the side of the road. Then I positioned myself along the lines on the side of the road to guard them so that no one would trip on them - however there were no pedestrians getting on or off.
      Because it was soon getting dark when leaving for the session, I thought that I was in a hurry and therefore didn't spend time looking for end caps to see if they could be fitted to protect the kite from the abrasive asphalt. Instead I used the crude method of putting a temporary sacrificial layer of duct tape on them. If there would be more sessions here I should protect the whole leading edge, including the LE caps of the vertical spars. A positive thing was that it turned out that I had not been in a hurry at all - not so surprisingly the ferry port was equipped with street lights.
    • By Pete Sobye
      I bought a Rev indoor, on a whim. Its Red White and Blue. In nearly new condition and it will come with a brand new set of lines, but no handles, as it didn't come to me with any.
      As Quads are my thing, I am looking for another rev, or other quad line kite WHY?? Possible PX with cash either way for the right kite.
      I am located in Cornwall UK but willing to post.
      Email me :- pete.sobye@icloud.com

• By Exult
      Both activities aim for technique and reliability improvement, both can keep you occupied by analyzing/planning between the sessions, both are directly dependent on your performance, both affects an item at a distance (kind of triggering similar feelings of control), both are (mechanical and fluid dynamics) hi-tech, both can be done outdoors as well as indoors and both can make you sweat.
      The makeshift (or first iteration?) handles are there to make the line length adjustable since I didn't know what line length to use during this first indoor session. The (initial) bridle setting visible in the image made it very difficult to launch the kite first. More details in the blog entry http://kitelife.com/forum/blogs/entry/296-first-indoor-session-and-winter-activities/ .
    • By Nekoshi
      Found a nice little place in a nice little town to practice and learn indoor dual line. After an hour of trail and error, I started to get the hang of it. Can't wait to go back again! Here's a video of my progress today. I just felt like sharing. 

• Upcoming Events