KiteLife Forum

I'll be Back, Darling Kites by Thomas Horvath

esinger

Here's a video I created of two glider kites made by Thomas Horvath.   They are purchased as a set of kites and are both made with a Spectra Laminate sail material.

The first half of the video shows the "I'll be Back" glider kite, the second half is the "C'est La Vie, Darling" kite.   As with most Horvath kites, the names are unique :D

I hope you enjoy the video

https://www.youtube.com/embed/fZDEefycPag

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Mike Klaiber said:

Very sweet. A sturdier version of the zen?

Yes, very sturdy material.   I've never seen sail material like this before.  Looks like spectra threads sandwiched between two pieces of film.   The "I'll be Back" is a very slow glider like the Zen.  The "C'est La Vie, Darling" has a faster glide, but still floaty.   It's like a smaller version of "The Long Way Home"

• Like 1

I believe that to be Cuben fiber, extremely strong, light, but somewhat delicate too. Very nice stuff! Paul deBakker of Focus Designs (defunct) made just one Skate from it, because of cost.  Presently I know of one maker of the "Birds of Prey" series, Doug Stout, that uses it.

• Like 1