John Barresi

Quad Mega Fly Workshop (Jun 30-Jul 1, 2018)

Join us for two full days of quad mega fly activity and instruction with John Barresi (Team KiteLife) and Scott Weider (Rev Riders) in Long Beach WA!

There are 36 spaces available - if we fill the whole class, we'll be able to do a 6x6 grid! Otherwise we'll "step down" to 4x4, 4x5, 5x5, etc, accommodating however many pilots we have (with equal rotation if needed)... In the unlikely event we don't have at least 15 registrants (16 pilots including Scott), the fall back is grid drills (body and general understanding) as well as normal teams of 4-8 pilots led by both Scott and myself as well as 8+ pilots led by me, so there definitely won't be any shortage of team exercise for those who are able to attend.

We start at 10am on Saturday morning with general roundtable discussion and orientation about participating in and managing quad mega flies, moving very quickly into body work and actual flight exercises.

NOTE: There will be opportunities to not only be part of these team exercises, but also to actually LEAD (with help and support) if you'd like to expand your skills...

Registration fee is $125 per person ($100 for KiteLife Subscribers) and includes TWO FULL DAYS of instruction.

Discussion, photos and video from the past two mega fly workshops we've held:

==

• TBA
  • Like 1

@John Barresi There are some interesting 4x4 animations on John Mitchell's website.

http://johnnmitchell.com/Animation/www_super16/index.html

http://johnnmitchell.com/Animation/www_super16/archive/index.html

Was wondering if you and Scott were considering some of the more challenging maneuvers for this clinic - things like pinwheels, blocks, zigzag, diagonal rows, cross-thread, and bigot?  Or are those maneuvers better aligned with an "advanced" class?

• Like 1

Yes, looking toward an advanced grid maybe later in the year - planning to send out “things to work on” in preparation for that as we get nearer.

Frankly, many of the pilots who can do that advanced stuff (slow rotation around a wing tip, etc) haven’t been showing interest in grid workshops thus far - hoping this changes when we raise the bar.

In the meantime, with our workshops at 50% or less of pilots who can do that kind of technical flying, we’ll do what we can, but stretch into those aspects for introduction and orientation.

Keep reminding me to push, I tend to be on the gentler side with the mega groups to keep higher success ratios for everyone but I treasure the cries of “go on - take us there!”, I will listen. :)

• Like 1