KiteLife Forum

A Sunday Glide - The Long Way Home

esinger

LMAO, there are deer, snakes, raccoons, bears, coyotes, etc... in the area.  Zero Alligators.

I bought The Long Way Home and a Urban Ninja Building Set in November of last year.   I bought the I'll Be Back, Darling kites in March but only recently received them.   So 4 total, however only 3 were built by him, the Ninja was built by me.

Horvath kites, aren't cheap.   But in my opinion worth it.   There's really nothing like the experience of flying The Long Way Home on a windless day (unlike the video) and there's plenty of room.

• Like 2

I've flown Horvath's Hybrid (200? mid sized) a few times, great glider indoors. And my Ninja outdoors. The Ninja satisfies the quad flier in me - no set and forget that one! Always active and needs attention. Would love to try some others, but........

PS: nope - ain't going away..... that I know of anytime soon! 

• Like 1

When I first started flying, it was with a dual line kite and that was all I flew for well over a year.   I then decided to go after quad line kites and flew both for years later.   After a while I started to really appreciating single line kites for their simplicity and (generally) low maintenance.   I'd fly a single line and also fly either a dual or quad at the same time. 

Generally I enjoy variety and there's just so many cool aspects to kiting I like to experience them all.

I see many posts urging people experience "The Dark Side" when they enjoy dual line kites.   I  challenge people to consider "All Sides" of kiting.  It's very rewarding to me

• Like 3

23 hours ago, makatakam said:

I always wanted to buy a Horvath glider, but am still afraid that one would only lead to more and I would stray from the true path of my addiction. Can I get an amen!?

Just one can't hurt ...........can it?

18 minutes ago, Wayne Dowler said:

Doing that to a Horvath would amount to sacrilege ...... 

13 minutes ago, esinger said:

You'd definitely lose your soul for such a henous act of kite brutality

Yes, that's exactly why I must resist the temptation. I'm already contemplating turning my Zero G into a dual.

• Like 1

Yes, that's exactly why I must resist the temptation. I'm already contemplating turning my Zero G into a dual.
Unsure about that one, however you could get an old Ultra by TC Powers and go dual, quad and with a little work, single line

Sent from my [device_name] using http://KiteLife mobile app

20 minutes ago, esinger said:

Unsure about that one, however you could get an old Ultra by TC Powers and go dual, quad and with a little work, single line

Sent from my [device_name] using http://KiteLife mobile app

I could make it happen. Hell, I've already flown one of my Revs as an SLK. (Tails, bow the LE, and three-point bridle)

That's a good read Esinger. Fascinating kites. Spent today in winds going over 20.Yeah I'm 57 of course I'm tired and sore. Had a great time but I'm going to have to experience something like a Horvath too. Would be so very different but looks so rewarding. 

• Like 2