KiteLife Forum

New Kite

Guest LeeBB

Guest LeeBB

So the Kymera Arrived Just Now.  Got her all put together and ready.  Looks really Nice.  Thank You Into The Wind For A Perfect Transaction.  Here is a picture 

57E64225-CAAC-4075-A8C1-565B37474DC4.jpeg

41B14760-E999-4B5D-A528-B157D65B792E.jpeg

Guest LeeBB

Was wondering if The Kymera Is Ok To Be left assembled and Hanging.  Is there any Need To Break It Down, I’m with in walking distance from the Beach 300 yards probably, So I just Really Don’t think Breaking It Down and putting together over and over is Ideal.  Please advise 

Guest LeeBB

I looked over and straighted The Briddle Out So that everything Is Now all completely even on Both sides.  Took her outside on short 14ft chains no straps  and messed around a bit in the yard , The Kymera Is Very Nice, I know That This Is My First Kite, But Wow, she shot straight over my head and was floating in very low winds, nice.  Managed To Not Have any rough landings and everything went very Well.  I’m very excited to be Involved In this Hobby, I’m very excited To Go Fly This weekend and I believe That There’s Going To Be a real connection to these DLK.  

Guest LeeBB

I have a Question, I’m Still Going over the bridal parts, how the lines are routed and the tie points on the upper spreader bar and the lower and the spine. I have a picture here of the left and right side bridal, the bridal piece that ties to the lower spine from both sides have a different placed knot, the knots are on a different piece of bridal serving also.  The left side knot is  on the parallel line to the spine, on the opposite side there’s no matching knot, but there is a knot same type but on the bridal serving that going to the top right spreader bar anchor point.  So can someone tell me why these are different?  Please  

F17D8EC5-4B44-4DA6-948E-BD4F484C9EDC.jpeg

They slide a long the line to help maintain stability. Pick the kite up by the tow points.Hold them with kite on it's back in the air. Look down and slide the 2 knots around. Don't undo anything.You'll start to get the idea behind the method.Doubt there is anything amiss . After doing that and you still think it's off others here will walk you thru it.There are different types of bridles and I still got quite a bit to learn on the how and why of the designs. How to make them is a art unto itself. Those are roll ups to catch your lines doing certain tricks. There are quite a few different types of those too. My Hydra has that type. Remember when flying in the cold snot is salty too LOL. Lived 3 blocks from the Gulf for 3 years. We loved it.It's going to be a little brutal at 1st. Crashing that beauty the 1st few times will put a twist in your gut. You may even start to think you should have got a lesser kite to pound at the start. Don't. It'll handle it. You have a advantage if your beach is sandy. If rocky go find some grass or clean field to start.When it breaks and it will, fix it. Knew I would have more than 1 kite. Waiting for parts after my 1st break was a huge motivator to say the least.

• Like 1

Guest LeeBB
37 minutes ago, Breezin said:

They slide a long the line to help maintain stability. Pick the kite up by the tow points.Hold them with kite on it's back in the air. Look down and slide the 2 knots around. Don't undo anything.You'll start to get the idea behind the method.Doubt there is anything amiss . After doing that and you still think it's off others here will walk you thru it.There are different types of bridles and I still got quite a bit to learn on the how and why of the designs. How to make them is a art unto itself. Those are roll ups to catch your lines doing certain tricks. There are quite a few different types of those too. My Hydra has that type. Remember when flying in the cold snot is salty too LOL. Lived 3 blocks from the Gulf for 3 years. We loved it.It's going to be a little brutal at 1st. Crashing that beauty the 1st few times will put a twist in your gut. You may even start to think you should have got a lesser kite to pound at the start. Don't. It'll handle it. You have a advantage if your beach is sandy. If rocky go find some grass or clean field to start.When it breaks and it will, fix it. Knew I would have more than 1 kite. Waiting for parts after my 1st break was a huge motivator to say the least.

This seems to be some type Cross Active Bridal, Or Maybe It’s A dynamic 

Guest LeeBB

I do have Good thick sand,  I’m having a parts pkg made up of the most venerable parts to fail upon crashing.  The guys at the Kite shop are the best, it’s cheap also, they have all the parts for it.  We can’t wait to get out this weekend 

Guest LeeBB

Ok I See How These work now.  Thanks , The Kite Really Seems To Fly Great.  Really Nice Looking, My Wife was quite Impressed.  I’m Going To Pick Up another One Like It But Different Color Soon.   

Don't go out with high expectations. Go with SUPER high expectations. It might be best to look for something similar but flies different. Variety in the bag. Spice of life of life sorta thing. I have 3 standards that are very different but great flyers. Sky Dog Black Dog, Hydra and Widow Maker Pro. Premiers Widow ng, Wolf ng or Addiction Pro are my recommendations. Flying Wings soul brand new on Ebay for $150.00 shipped would be a great deal. Never flown one but good reviews.Silver Fox 2.5 or 2.3 are something to look at. On the gwtw forum a guy has a brand new 2.5 and a prism Hypnotist $110.00  each or both for $200.00. Trustworthy fella. Sold him 1 and bought 1 from him. Some really nice kites pop up there a lot. 

Guest LeeBB

That’s A Great deal on those two kites,  Into The Wind Has A Fox 2.5 right now that had a small repair.  

The Way It flew Today On two very short lines was very impressive. 

So many kites it makes my head spin at times. In a good way though LOL. You'll here a lot about Revolution quad kites here. Few minutes ago guy posted on GWTW  info and pic of a Rev duel line that were produced in the early 90's. Didn't know Rev made duels till today. They didn't make very many but that is a very nice looking kite.

Guest LeeBB

It just makes you want them all.  Hey those flying wings on the bay, They look very nice.  Do you know if 140 is a good deal for those Soul Stunt flying Wings, seems Like A good deal To Me

If it's the Soul. Would have got one if I didn't already have a Zephyr. That Sky Master is beautiful. Lately all my new kites have been showing up white. Don't mind though. There are some pretty mixed reviews on the Silver Fox UL.From what Iv'e read in that line of kites I'd get the Acrobatix UL over the Foxes but I don't really know.

Guest LeeBB

Ok, Wait on the Skymaster.  Well I just Have the one Kymera, I’m going to buy a extra tho, I had A Prism E3 bought, But the eBay deal was no good,  There kite didn’t match there listing, so I canceled .  That Soul FW looks great, I Too love the White On The Kites 

Guest LeeBB

Premier Widow Ng, I’m Just Not Connecting To Them Aesthetically,  I don’t Zknow If It’s The Cameramen Bad Footwork or what.  Maybe It’s the Black Red white Combo I’m Not Fond Of.  I’m Sure They Look Much much Better In Person 

I'm saying Lams kites are so good it's hard for a lot of kites to measure up. Flying that might influence your next choices quite a lot. My 1st purchase was a E3 off ebay and it too fell apart.Think that was for the best. I liked the red, black, white combo. When I get another Addiction that's the color. Why they make a variety right .,Iv'e instantly connected with 2 kites. The Widow Maker Pro and the Tekken SUL that I flew for the 1st time today. 

Guest LeeBB

Wow Tekken, Yes Great Guy Lam Is, I spoke with Him and He Is wonderful  to talk too, So much information it’s hard to take it all in.  I’m definitely Buying One Of His Kites, Not exactly Sure Of the one yet , Tekken, transformers, or Skymaster,  exactly that’s why there’s chocolate and vanilla, different strokes for different folks, makes the world go around.