KiteLife Forum

New Kite

Guest LeeBB

Spine weight. You'll be moving that to change the kite's stability. Towards the nose for tracking. Towards the tail for tricking.

While all of that is possible and no crime to experiment with, the spine weights are not intended to move on the Kymera but variety and experience is the spice kiting - give it a shot if you want, it will change characteristics.

In the sleeve, there should have been an additional weight which is attached by undoing the spine Velcro, removing the metal piece from the end of the spine, slide the new weight on and party under the Velcro, then reinstall the metal end piece and secure the Velcro again - think of sand bags in the trunk, it’s something to throw around, changes the ride and pitch of the kite quite a bit.

As mentioned earlier, I’m home but still working off my jet lag and in the midst of a quad clinic this weekend as well - I’m following this thread with interest though, lots of good convo so far, I’d say the topic(s) are being explored and answered effectively.
  • Like 1

Guest LeeBB

Hello, Thanks For The Information, I did see that weight under the Velcro on the tail.  You sure design a beautiful Flying Kite.  We went out yesterday and flew the snot out of her, could not have been happier with it.  Thanks for the reply, Hope you get some rest, Happy Memorial Weekend.  Take care.

@John Barresi So on the Kymera you are increasing or decreasing the amount of spine weight instead or changing the position of a fixed amount of weight? What if both and/or LE weights were used in combination? Could be fun to play with the rotational capability as well as the center of gravity.

Guest LeeBB

I haven’t changed a thing on the kite this far, Everything seems to be working perfectly.  Would some consider this Kymera as a Ul since that it weighs about the same as some of the other brands Ul kites?  The weight seems to be perfect for me the way it flies stock configuration.  I’ve had the Kymera In a range of wind from light to strong around 20mph.  All in all I’m very satisfied with My Purchase.  The kite will do way way more than I’ll ever even attempt at trying, I did do a rather hard tip stab with it tho.  I’ll not try that one again so fast .  

Guest LeeBB

Can Someone Tell Me What the Bridal Material Is Made Out Of, I have another kite here that just has cheap string as a bridal, I want the bridal to be the same material as the Kymera, , Maybe a different color, So What is this stuff and where can I get more?  I want to make another bridal Just like it. 

2 hours ago, LeeBB said:

Can Someone Tell Me What the Bridal Material Is Made Out Of, I have another kite here that just has cheap string as a bridal, I want the bridal to be the same material as the Kymera, , Maybe a different color, So What is this stuff and where can I get more?  I want to make another bridal Just like it. 

Just about any kite shop or online retailer of kites and building supplies will have it, in two or three strengths. 150-pound is the most commonly used on stunt kites. It's not expensive and usually available in black, red and white. Some shops will sell it in predetermined lengths, others by the yard in whatever length you desire with a minimum length requirement. Flying Smiles, and KittyHawk Kites, both in NC will probably be able to sell you some.

• Like 1