KiteLife Forum

For my next trick, I need a... (lot of ripstop)....

K'Tesh

For my next trick, I'll double a French military kite and add a delta.  Dimensions are looking to be about 9' at the base, and 3' across from the edge of one triangle section to the edge of the other.

I like the color scheme I came up with for my sled.  So, I'm going to keep it.

Here's the concept:

42255398462_d87d96a6ef_o.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks!  I worked up a few other concepts for the design, as there's something that just didn't feel quite right about the first one you see there.  While I like the shallow angle of the blues and the green, there's something about the black section that looked odd (namely that it doesn't match the other's angle).  I'm now leaning towards the first design I did (top left corner).  It's the simplest of the versions, and likely the strongest.

Now I have to figure out how to attach the cells to the delta.  I'm leaning towards sewing pockets for the spars in the delta, thus concealing the four back spars.

28460556978_d0582527c2_b.jpg

• Like 2

Amazing how large a 9' wide kite really is.  This is the rough pattern for 5/9 ths of that.  WOW, this is going to be a monster.  Next I'll have to make the patterns for the individual parts before I can start cutting ripstop.

DFM Pattern 2.jpg

• Like 2