KiteLife Forum

Uneven lines

Either. Might need to do one or the other due to line wear. Haven't flown long enough to get a set to that point. Mostly done the kite end so I don't have to remove handles. I have 2 sets that you have to undo the sleeve knots to take off the handles. The other sets handles are looped on. My finger straps are larks headed to a series of knots. Really cool cause you can adjust for stretch in the field by just changing the larks head to a different knot. The finger straps were made by a guy named Norm. When I bought these I really wish I had got some different sizes for variety. I bet some of those Silver bowl fliers have some. Once or twice to start and you shouldn't have to do it very often. My Prism 100' x 150# set has been adjusted the most. At least 12". Hasn't needed adjusting for a good while know. Good set that hasn't failed me even when bumping 35 mph. The JB tutorial is spot on and what I go by.

• Like 1

Yup, either end. Pick one. Do, however, put a lot of tension on them, then equalize. In other words, get as much of any stretch left in them out before you equalize, then you won't have to do it more than twice before they stabilize.

• Like 1

With a dual line, you can also use adjustable attachments to your handles or straps about 4”-5” long with a knot every 1” to which you attach your lines, moving to a new knot on either line to equalize “on the fly”... If the offset is over 4”-5”, you might as well equalize for real. Imho.

@LookuPLars hey its t. I used to use an old fish scale i had to stretch out even new linesets. I'd usually set 'em out in the afternoon and leave them overnight. More often than not I wouldn't have to touch them again. BTW I went out this afternoon it was nice.