KiteLife Forum

clean the kite

feelxitxburn

Don't bother paying attention to AudioKnob - - the rest of us usually ignore him anyway. :lol:

I've washed lots of kites with soap, and have never had any problem or created any. Just use the same stuff you would use on your body, and rinse the sail completely. Then allow it to completely dry before rolling it up and storing it in the bag. I usually leave the kite assembled while I wash it, and always leave it assembled while it dries. :pinch:

Having met and flown with Audiorob, I'll vouch for his being a standup kinda good guy I'd happily fly with again. Not sure about his hair lately however. :pinch:

And also, yes, the last rev that I cleaned up went into a washing machine, on a light setting and a little soap. Bridle and frame were removed of course. :lol: Trust me, it was one dirty Rev 1 that looked like it'd been sitting in some coke (cola) for years. Now? Its hard to tell which one was the dirty one, they are both about the same :

stack.jpg

Those handles wouldn't exist if he ignored me :pinch: Super cheap, adjustable, and affordable, cant beat that.

pfft yea they were. i made 3 sets over the past couple weeks. all together it cost me a whopping 7 bucks and they work amazing :lol: now if only i can see how a 60* elbow works.

• 4 months later...

As Jon Wrote in an earlier post. I have been cleaning off all of my kites using Woolite.

Warm water and a capfull or two of Wooloite.

The detergent is made for delicate fabrics. Let soak for a while a stir around every now and again.

Then rinse and drip dry or towel dry. If you don't like the idea of soaking apply with a sponge and lightly scrub then rinse and dry.

I use the soaking technique to remove glue stick used in the production process.In conjunction with the warm water it lifts dirt muck and glue from the kite skin.

Keeping a kite in good condition for sellling is always a problem for me. The beaches as we all know are not the cleanest places on earth.

This process I have found to work very well and has not damaged any of my sails. Including the spray painted ones.(they just soak for an hour or so with out scrubbing ;) ).

Hope this cleans up the problem.

Bazzer

I have had the same problem. Mine was caused by the coating wearing off and the carbon frm the spar rubbing on the kite. I washed it off with mild soap and water. I then re-coated the spars with Krylon Crystal Clear Acrylic Coating #1303. I now re-doat whenever the spar gets dull. No more marks on my kites.