KiteLife Forum

Action Camera

Breezin

Looking to get a descent one under $100.00. Go Pro looks like the best but that cuts to far into the kite budget. Looking at speed kite videos it seems the 60 feet per second feature is needed. Comments puhleeze. More confusing then trying to decide on a kite and not near as fun.

If you are recording from a static perspective I'd recommend the Vivitar Lifecam on a budget.. $30 at Amazon right now. Great little camera if the camera is stationary. No image stabilization is the only real shortcoming..

https://smile.amazon.com/Vivitar-DVR936HD-BLK-INT-LifeCam-Wearable-Camcorder/dp/B00UCBDNY2/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1528406660&sr=8-3&keywords=vivitar+lifecam+with+built-in+wi-fi

Not much last 2 weeks or so on Colorado Springs Craigslist. Lots in Denver but the gas defeats the purpose. I want to mount on my chest so most of my inputs can be seen when flying. Vivitar looks nice for the price. I'll look for some Vivitars with stabilization.

Live 40 miles east of the Springs. Going thru the Springs puts Denver another hour away.  Getting some videos up and some nice feedback should improve my learning curve a lot. Let me repeat that. NICE feedback :big_bangin: LOL.

I would think you would get NICE feedback. I have been amazed at how nice and how patient people are here. Even in the field I have never seen anyone get miffed over the worst line tangles. Put up your questions/videos and just know that the replies you get will likely be long and thoughtful and as helpful as they know how to be.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using KiteLife mobile app

• Like 1

Agree. Took my camera money yesterday and bought a Totl.IMG_20180609_094317052 - Edited.jpg Needs a few parts but it sure is nice for a 30 year old kite. I know many of you are disappointed in having to wait on my "tutorials". The art of nose diving is pretty easy to learn on your own though :devil:. What about the repairs you may ask. Well see ACrops last post here 😁. Wife was very nice in agreeing to let me spend my not going to Long Beach clinic trip money on the Tekken. This one not so sure.

Very cool Top Of The Line. The model, if so, will be sewn on the kite at the spine area and on the sleeve: looks like "The Hawaiian Team Kite". Lots of history in that! Big pull in a big wind. Various models over the years and the spars used varied as well. For instance the 1995 (I think it is) catalogue makes reference to a pro spar graphite/fiberglass version as an alternative to the straight fg version.

Check out the specs on Soarin's pages here:

https://kenpar19.wixsite.com/thesoarincollection/hawaiian-team-series?lightbox=dataItem-jckvxs2m

and here:

https://kenpar19.wixsite.com/thesoarincollection/hawaiian-team-series

Nice slooow kite can do square corners but don't expect to axel it soon...!

• 2 months later...

Took awhile but after much deliberation camera is on it's way. Didn't want to go over $100.00 and the research was tedious at best. Not that into electronics. Cost was at the top at$100.44. Includes shipping and a 32 gb card. Aluminum chassis,6 axis gyro, 4k at 60 fps(not interpolated),1080p at 120 fps, 720 at 240 fps. 20 mp photos. Not all all the bells and whistles of a Go Pro 6 but with the newest chip technology should compete really well at this price point. Does not come with a ton of accessories I'd never use either. 1/4 female built in for a tripod. Never had anything like this before. Hopefully I'm not one of the first suckers for this new stuff. If I guessed right by Christmas 2019 Go Pros will be 1/2 what they are now.