KiteLife Forum

Sky Burner

Breezin

Jon T posted at GWTW today they're thinking about making some Solus and Widow Makers this fall. Don't know if he is making a list of potential buyers or not. By the time I got grand kids out of the house they were closed. I just about broke into a sweat not buying a Kymera yesterday. Really want one but I already got 2 kites in that range. If the Solus is going to be built I'm going to get one. I've taken to Lams Tekken faster than any kite I've flown. The wind range, quality and trick ability on it and the Mind Trick is just awesome. Comparing them to the Widow Maker Pro isn't really fair. Kinda apples to oranges thing.I give Widow a very,very slight edge because it's flight feels more elegant under 15 to me. Like that a lot.I think the Solus will have that same elegance as the WMP and PD. The PD is the kite that's taught me the most about the joy of just flying. Taking a break from practice doesn't mean I have to land 😊.So Fearless II and Superfly UL will have to wait. Maybe if I were rich, naturally talented or both I wouldn't be as enamored with this kite stuff. Working for something does have it's rewards. Sweet anticipation being one.

• Like 2

The Solus is a lot closer to the trickiness (radicalness ?) of Lam's kites. It flops on it's back and rolls up just about as easily. The Widow Maker is much better at precision, you have to work for the tricks more, similar to the QPro...

• Like 2

There is a list 🎶. YAY!! Watching videos of Devon, Wayne B and you Rob made me want a Solus from just about day 1. If it has more in common with Lams kites than the WMP that will not be a bad thing AT ALL. Hopefully I'll have one before turkey day. Winds are great right now but it's hell fire hot. For me way to hot for beer 🤤. Now I got another reason to look forward to those cool fall days. Really stoked but alas no dorts. Shut up already. There are no dorts never have nor will there ever be dorts. Got it!! Sorry no probably not but the search continues. Purple and pink is still number 1 in the colorizer though. If you would have told me 6 months ago I'd be drawn to a purple and pink kite I'd said you were nuts.White too.Still kinda blows my mind. Some of you around here are a bad, bad influence :ani_rtfm: