KiteLife Forum

Gross

riffclown

Paul, these are the Freilein caps, they only fit original Rev tubes prior to the total refit at Rev... They do not fit what Rev is producing now.  I only use Skyshark to make frames anyway..  The "inny" type connectors that Rev uses now makes a rod with a small split completely unusable.. A cap that covers the rod can tolerate a rod that has a 1/4" split in the end and has been glued since it covers and stabilizes the fracture.

• 2 months later...
On 6/13/2018 at 5:45 PM, riffclown said:

That's Right. One gross of endcaps to make 24 more kites.. I should be well stocked for a while now.

20180613_203918.jpg

Where did you get them, if you don't mind me asking?  I'm working on a few quads right now, and I've never found any supplier where I can get a large number of Rev-compatible end caps (old-school Rev) for a reasonable unit price.

Has anyone tried 3 or 4 wrap Rev rods in those caps? The ones that Bazzer uses are metric and will not use Rev rods in the 3 or 4 wrap size. You might get them on, but almost impossible to get off. 3 or 4 wraps will fit if you take a 5/16" drill bit and carefully ream them out. No issues with SkyShark.

• 1 year later...