KiteLife Forum

Rev 2 Help

jsc2501

If you want to make your own it's relatively simple. It is a scaled-down copy of the 1.5 bridle. Get the measurements of a 1.5 kite. Measure the 2. Figure out the percentage of reduction. Reduce the length of each leg by that percentage. 

Or just spend $20 and buy a replacement if you haven't made any bridles before and don't want to get into that.

• Like 1

i may bet the eBay seller was raa20011. is puting on sell with omissions on description Rev sails. if you do not pay attention you will buy a Rev (like on your situation) without bridle or without frame  

It was, has a bridle but not even close to being correct. The frame is collection of mismatch rods.

Just trying to make the best of the situation.

Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app

Then start all over, my friend making the best of the situation.

call Eliot Shook, get a French bridle, 12" magic sticks and a P-90 full replacement frame,... that kite will rock your socks off in any decent wind! Best flown on shorter lines so you can throw & catch it, probably shorter than 80 feet most of the time.

I like mine on 90 feet of 100# skyBond in big wind (over 20 mph) and on 50 feet of 50# Skybond when conditions warrant a more proper flailing length, down to low wind tickles.  A single Axel is a miracle, doubles are too easy to do, flickin' it inside out, catching it like magnetism was employed instead just your proper techniques.

I like a Rev2/B2 on longer handles (15's or longer) so you can really impart your demanding will into a wrist flick or thumb stab which yields a dramatic impact on the other end with the kite.  Heck you can even fly a "2" with no bridle at all, like my coach Jeffery Burka, (He flies his UPwind one-handed w/o looking at it, .... on maybe 35 feet of line.  He could do this over your thanksgiving dinner party's heads indoors or in a 20 mph breeze off of the ocean!)

There are plans somewhere on the web from a French team of quad-heads, "Crazy Drivers".  Their magic sticks are super short subs which bend the frame (exactly like the Reflex mechanism) and the "bridge line" of the truss stings is connected to the bottom of the sail (@ the center Vee) instead of going all the way across to the half half of the sail.  This makes a very pronounced 3D-shaped sail (a flat sail flies better in no/low wind, a 3D sail is all floaty and has to be tended always like a Deca) and allows you to unroll the kite (after wrapping in up in the strings!) in flight during your throw!  Oh but wait, they can catch it back rolled up again after flying around awhile.  I saw this in Canada a half dozen of so years ago by one of 'em.  OMG

Look upon your purchase as a great example of what's possible, all from that sail.  You can go into a dozen different directions and still make it back to stock if so desired.  I envy you! ENJOY

• Like 1

Are you new to flying quad?  I have heard that the B2 size can be a bit more twitchy to fly, so be patient with yourself as you start.  No matter how you fix the bridle - buy or make - be sure to check that it is completely symmetrical.   I would try out a regular and a french bridle if you can before committing to the french style.  (Paul sure rocks his french bridles, but in my hands french bridle was weirdness.)

Can you tell us what rods were in the frame?  It maybe that if placed correctly you can use them together just fine.  Many people use a mix of rods, to get a specific feel.  What do you have to work with?  

Are you new to flying quad?  I have heard that the B2 size can be a bit more twitchy to fly, so be patient with yourself as you start.  No matter how you fix the bridle - buy or make - be sure to check that it is completely symmetrical.   I would try out a regular and a french bridle if you can before committing to the french style.  (Paul sure rocks his french bridles, but in my hands french bridle was weirdness.)
Can you tell us what rods were in the frame?  It maybe that if placed correctly you can use them together just fine.  Many people use a mix of rods, to get a specific feel.  What do you have to work with?  

April,

I’m going to take Paul’s advice and reframe in P90.

Nice to hear from you

Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app
  • Like 1