KiteLife Forum

Advanced Quad Clinic (Aug 4-5, 2018)

John Barresi

Join Scott Weider and John Barresi for two full days of ADVANCED quad line instruction on the beautiful shores of Long Beach WA on Aug 4-5, 2018... Unlike most of our other quad clinics, this event will focus exclusively on more advanced techniques in both individual and team formats focusing on aspects including:

• Clockwork (all fractions)
  • Bicycle rotation (static and traveling)
  • Reverse flight (directional control)
  • Tip pivot work (forward and reverse)
  • Slack line tricks (axel, flip flac, etc)
  • Flight and cornering without stalling
  • Use of line tension ("pulsing" and "whump")
  • And more!

Any team flying exercises will also incorporate more use of and training on these details than usual, to provide a good group learning environment on the topic(s).

==

SKILL REQUIREMENTS (to participate):

• Relatively stable hover in any orientation, including inverted
  • Basic reverse flight ability from a sideways hover
  • Basic flight shapes (circle, square, diamond)

==

Testimonials - http://tinyurl.com/jb-testimonials

Sign up link - https://kitelife.com/forum/store/product/93-advanced-quad-clinic-aug-4-5-2018/

==

Ideal choice of equipment for this class is any model of Revolution 1.5 (includes EXP, SLE, B-Series, printed specials, etc) or similar "1.5 platform" models (like Djinn, Phoenix, Freilein, Los Hermanos, etc)... If you plan on participating in the team flying exercises, you'll need to also have a quality 120' set of lines in your bag.

Registration is $150 per person ($125 for KiteLife Subscribers) and includes full access to the clinic on both days (10a-4p)... Please note, there are ONLY 16 SPOTS available and we expect them to fill up very quickly.

If you're coming, we start the "Advanced Quad 101" portion of this class at 10AM SHARP on Saturday morning... This will NOT include the "basics" many of you are familiar with from previous 101 presentations, we're going right to the in depth flight stuff and more immediate hands on examples / training.

RSVP so far:

1. @skline
  2. @Raynel Hunt
  3. @meshellesharples
  4. @Gordon Sievers
  5. @Brad and Carolynn Walden
  6. @Brad and Carolynn Walden
  7. @rykerev

Hope to see you there!

• Like 1

Gotta save up some dough.I'm doing this, but will wait until I get paid. I haven't been active in a while, but my new life is finally settled and finally gotten the bag out after a long hiatus.

• Like 1

On 6/25/2018 at 11:24 AM, John Barresi said:

Sweet, happy to have you!

Out in the NW now? :)

Correct. relocated last fall. Just now getting out. I didn't  think it would be so hard to find an open flat spot to fly. Spent a nice day at Lincoln City flying at the festival. Was great to get out in beach winds. Now I've developed a taste.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...