KiteLife Forum

Decisions

Breezin

Got a 1.5 Rev UL that should be here by Tuesday. 4 panel ,white center, with straight logo . Believe that makes it a 1997 model. Think it's in really good shape. No fraying or damage that I could see in pics.  Should I send it to JB for reinforcements and whatever upgrades there may be. Does that make sense with a UL? Will I benefit a lot by upgrading the bridle so soon into the learning curve?  Lead upgrades asap for sure. Leaning towards ITW Freilein handles and 90# x 82' line set.$65.00. 120' x 90# Sky Bond will have to wait. Maybe 3 wind handles are better or getting the Revs and doing the Stone in the Shoe mod. Thinking I should get 15" even though 13" seems to be recommended  for newbies and the faster kites. Last week I was  grounded in 30+ winds.Looking at high wind speed kites and plans I kept thinking about the Vickie. Thanks for all the Vickie posts and pics(dripping sarcasm)sending me down this dark, dark path. Decided I needed to start with this kite. Looked for 1 I could hole or thong . Won't be doing that to this one though.All I know to start is upper line out at farthest point with kite inverted. Move  the top line back on knots until launch. Turn kite right side up and immediately  Flic Flak while rotating into a tip stand.Relaunch to hover 15' up. Axle and repeat. Should take about 10 minutes or so to get the hang of it :sq_w00t:.

Remember that any material or hardware you add to an ultralight kite will make it heavier. It kind of defeats the purpose of making it ultralight in the first place. Unless you have lots of opportunity in low wind conditions, the kite will not get a lot of wear. Fly the kite and before you begin check the amount of wear already present before you add reinforcements. An ultralight bridle, if it doesn't already have one, would help performance.

Whatever you decide, don't overthink it and be sure to have fun!

• Like 1