KiteLife Forum

LET IT SNOW!!!

Breezin

Thinking the last 2 weeks has been the most miserable non productive time in my kite flying life (some fun though).Could be an exaggeration but I don't know.Temps have been mostly 95+. Couple cooler days but lightning became an issue. I'm a fan of Mr. Franklins but flying a kite when lightning is around is kinda stupid. Last Sat. morning 10 year old grandson and I went out early AM. Little over an hour in Midget Fade rattlesnake came wandering across the flying field. Spooked the boy pretty bad. Fades are a light green this time of year and hard to see. 5 to 6 feet from it before we saw it. He was done 😓 . Later that evening we went back out. Got to the gate that exits the yard and there was another. No convincing him after that. 4 in the flying field this year but so far only the 1 in the yard. Sorely needed rain next 2 days and he had to go home. Boys getting good and it sucks we couldn't really get going. 3 came out Tue. for a few days. Could not BELIEVE they left their kites at home. Was really looking forward to flying their Addiction. When I asked why they didn't bring theirs they said why we came to fly yours 😲.Winds were really light so we flew the Zephyr. Grand daughter is 7 and has flown the Hydra pretty well. Broke her arm a couple weeks ago so she didn't fly the 1st day. 2nd she couldn't stand it and had a good go. The boys are 6 and 9 and I was pleased with how much they have learned. Both can belly land nose away pretty well. Can't relaunch the landing yet but they're getting close. By early afternoon near 100 F and I was toast. Badger dug under 2 fences that night and ate my gander. 13 years old and was quite the loss for all of us. He was excellent with people. Next morning we  got 2 more geese (Swan Geese). Flew the Z that afternoon and nothing broke 😀. Amazing!!  Near 100 again and I pooped out on them in a few hours. Swear I drank 5 gallons of water and nothing came out the other end. Up and out at dawn. Winds were up so Snapshot and Black Dog time. Had a blast but by noon close to 95 and I was done. Then they left. Today out early on the Pro Dancer. 1/2hour switched to Tekken SUL. 1/2 hour later on the Widow. GRRR wind. Little over an hour and it was getting vented time. GRRR wind. Took a little break. Went back out 93 and rising. Wasn't noon yet and I was done. Supposed to cool a bit the next few days cross my fingers. 95+ I'm not flying so well.Swear I'd rather fly in 20 degree 20 mile an hour wind than 10 mph and 100 F. You desert rats may have a different opinion. 

Summer is my least favorite season. Miserable heat & humidity, crowds at the beach... Not to mention the worst wind of the year. I haven't flown a multi-line kite in at least 2 months. The only thing I fly this time of year is my trusty Ultrafoil 15 when I take the kids to the beach. Yes, that's my beach on a crowded summer day, my kids standing under the Ultrafoil.  😎

UltrafoilJuly2018.jpg

• Like 1