KiteLife Forum

Beginner Expectations

thebbqguy

I haven't been flying long but I've experienced some recent frustration with short flight times on my dual line kite.

My longest flights are in the 4 to 5 minute range. It seems like I should be able to maintain longer times, but I'm not progressing at this point.

I only go out when there are 15 to 20 mph winds.

5 minutes on a Vision in 20 mph seems pretty darn good to me. Vision is the least tricky kite I've flown. Snap stalls, tip stands, spin landings and the like were fun the few times I've flown the grand kids. 5 to 15 is the better range for that kite. Best lower cost kite I've flown in 15 to 20 is the Premier Addiction. Tough as the Vision and a lot trickier. Faster though. The Addiction Pro is on my want list. It's a long list.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Edmond Dragut said:

what means short lines to you ? to cut the frustration start learning on 80- 120 lines and when you do not crash but land give a try to 20-50. on long linea you have more chances to correct and stop a crush especially if the wind is strong 15-20 

Edmund, you misread. Short times, not lines.

Bbqguy, don't worry about it. The problem will solve itself with more time on the lines. Just get out and fly as often as you can and your time in the air will increase steadily. Of course, you will need to factor in that as we age, a lot of guys just can't keep it up as long. :devil: (Sorry, the devil made me do it.)

But seriously, it comes in stages with a lot of a-ha! moments along the way, and with experience you will conquer all.