KiteLife Forum

Hello from Ontario, Canada!

Hi everyone,

We've had a great summer in Ontario this year so far - earlier in the year I rekindled my love of kites and gotten my kids into it as well.  Recently got into 2 line stunt kite - been challenging so far to get more than 1 minute of flight time - we have lots of hot days, but not many breezy days to let the wings soar!

Fell in love with kiting as a child back home - built my first sled kite at the age of 10, and particularly love single line deltas - we recently flew a small delta (50 incher) about 500 m (~1500ft) over Grand Bend Beach - out on Lake Huron.  What a feeling to have my kids look at this kite so high, holding the reel, feeling the pull on the string....then as people pass by  asking "What are you doing?" - and watching as a 7 year old says "Flying a kite...look way up - see that yellow dot in the sky?"...........the response and reactions are just amazing!  Even more amazing when they look at the reel and ask, how much more string you got?.... another 500meters!

Hoping to learn more about Dual line kites and explore such a simple yet humbling hobby again!

• Like 3

Hi, and welcome to the forum. Ontario is my favorite province. Spent lots of time in my youth west of Thunder Bay in the Shebandowan area, fishing of course, with a bit of water skiing thrown in. If you have any questions about any aspect of kiting, this forum is the right place to be. You're going to love dual-line kites and what they can do, and maybe even get into quad-lines someday. It's a journey that will make you smile.

• Like 1