KiteLife Forum

Synapse 170

thebbqguy

I'm a huge fan of the HQ Symphony but would highly suggest you look at the 2.2

I have a 1.8 and it pretty much stays in my bag.. I have 8 of the 2.2's that I converted and those get flown EVERY chance I get..

one reason I recommend the 2.2 over the 1.8 is the 1.8 is a bit too small to convert.

• Thanks 1

Crosskites 1.8 if I'm not mistaken is actually a 1.8M size and would be much larger than the 180 and slightly larger that the Symphony 2.2  There are 2 different ways to measure these kites, until you mentioned the Crosskites, you were talking about Sport Size, once you get into Square Meters, you are truly in the power kite territory..

20160804_164018.jpgHere is a Symphony 2.2 (sport size) laying on top of a Crossfire 2M (Square Meters) kite.. Notice the 2M kite is much larger and much more powerful..  Mkae sure when you are looking at the numbers you are aware of which numbers you are actually using.. Power Kites, Square Meter sizing is also known by the term Traction Size and are literally tuned to provide maximum pull to propel a buggy, board or other transportation device..

Here is Chris Shultz from HQ Kites using my 4M Crossfire to scud through the sand at Jockey's Ridge..

• Like 1

Put a rain coat on my Widow. Didn't work very well. Ground was soft so I didn't break anything. White kites don't look good all muddied up.Black Dog being black and all doesn't look 1/2 bad.I think it's the only kite I got that's rip stop polyester. Handles the wet pretty well.Next time though I'll wait till it stops 😞.

• 6 months later...