KiteLife Forum

Easy simple kite for beach party?

sisofnight

I want to buy a couple of kites for a beach party in southern California. I've never flown a "real" kite, only plastic diamonds from when I was a kid that would last one day.

I don't know anything about this so I thought I'd ask some enthusiasts. I don't want to spend a lot of money but want to have a couple of nice and easy to use kites to take out a few times a year that adults would enjoy. Single or dual line is probably all I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance everyone!

Your question is too ambiguous to answer very easily.

For simple single line kites, I would probably suggest a Delta or a Conyne Delta kite, like any of the ones listed on this page. For a dual line kite, some of the ones on this page might fit the bill. But since you're talking about Southern California, I would suggest you call over to KiteConnection and talk to a great kite shop that's right on the Huntington Beach Pier. They will steer you to a good kite in your price range, and (hopefully) away from some of the less promising "kites" sold at the discount megastores. (The kind known by the rest of us as a P.O.S. with string.) :kid_smartass:

• 1 month later...

depending on what you want to do at this party.. if your like me youll want something that will drawl a crowd you can get a wide slection of kites for under $100 deltas facets box kites dragons etc.. deltas are great fliers if you want to put them up and forget about them for a while facets a fancy snowflake style box kite are colorful and will get some feed back from your friends..