KiteLife Forum

Facebook and Riffclown

riffclown

OK I took the plunge.. I tried Facebook. Purposefully, not many people know my real name. As prolific as I am here on  Kitelife, I'm still a very private person outside of kites. Those that know me well can back me up on that front. I used Riffclown Riffclown. This is the name most of the individuals (including most of you) know me by.. I've gone through intense Facebook Scrutiny since that point less than 10 hours ago.
"You HAVE to give us your Cell number."  I guess the email I have on riffclown.com just isn't enough. 
"You have to send us a picture to use for facial recognition and you account is locked until we verify you."

That being said, my personal foray into that social network is going to be very short-lived. I will be deleting my account if I ever get access to it again.

To All, Please disregard any requests you receive from Riffclown Riffclown on Facebook.. in a few hours that will no longer be me.

This was about kites and nothing else. Folks were asking about riffclown kites in certain circles and I wanted to respond.. Sorry, Facebook just isn't for me and at this point, I don't think it ever will be.  I want to get the small amount of personal information I did submit off of it. Kitelife is MUCH friendlier.

• Like 4

When I started on Facebook some 6 or 7 years ago I was both skeptical and a bit paranoid about giving them the information they required. Since then my paranoia has decreased dramatically. Facebook is, in reality, quite benign. I have had no issues and it appears that their security is up to snuff. I believe they require that info to keep infiltration by unwanted "entities" (bots and such) to a minimum. I do recommend using a good ad blocker as you should already do if you are using the internet.

22 hours ago, SHBKF said:

I get touchy if people at a gathering expect me to wear a name badge, sigh. SHBKF

Me too. Really irritates me  at family reunions 😬. Tried Facebook quite a while ago and was not impressed. Supposed to be a lot better now BUT burned once. Now I'm looking at where to put my kite videos and thinking about Facebook again. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Breezin said:

Me too. Really irritates me  at family reunions 😬. Tried Facebook quite a while ago and was not impressed. Supposed to be a lot better now BUT burned once. Now I'm looking at where to put my kite videos and thinking about Facebook again. 

I've been using Youtube but the Music Rights over the past few years are crazy.. A song playing in the background can get your video flagged so I just mute my video... I've been on youtube for a very long time but I can use pretty much what I want as a username there.

• Like 1

Me too. Really irritates me  at family reunions . Tried Facebook quite a while ago and was not impressed. Supposed to be a lot better now BUT burned once. Now I'm looking at where to put my kite videos and thinking about Facebook again. 

Problem with uploading vids to Facebook is that they compress the heck out of it. Image quality is diminished big time. I’ve used YouTube for yrs and for music I use their YouTube Audio Library. Takes a bit of time to choose the right music but at least it won’t be blocked or muted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, FranckPG said:

Problem with uploading vids to Facebook is that they compress the heck out of it. Image quality is diminished big time. I’ve used YouTube for yrs and for music I use their YouTube Audio Library. Takes a bit of time to choose the right music but at least it won’t be blocked or muted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do the same but changing the music kind of detracts from the original feel of a perfomance when it comes to dual and multiline ballet performance..