KiteLife Forum

Hawkish

Breezin

For the past 3 days AM winds have been running to 30 mph. Early afternoon dropping from 0 to 15. Very bumpy and hard to fly in. The first 2 days probably less than 5 hours in the air. Winds would go to high for the Tekken and to low for the Mind Trick vented. They do the best in bumpy, gusty winds. So I flew the Nighthawk. Yesterday when winds dropped I took out the HQ Delta Hawk for the 1st time. Winds were between 15 and 20.Don't believe the gusts hit 25. I've had some serious fun flying my 1.4 Snapshot in winds like that but WOW the Hawk takes it to a whole nother level. Glad I have padded straps :boxing:. Rip through the power window for 2 or 3 minutes and would then head for the side to take a break. Lasted about an hour and already am in awe of this kite. Very impressed with how it handled the gusts. Not the fastest kite in the  HQ lineup but for now I am more than okay with that.30+ days are going to be awesome.Should have got one of these sooner. Gusts dropped a bit and got out the vented. Sure seemed slow after the Hawk in a very good way. Woke up this morning a little stiff and sore. Could have been the Hawks fault but I don't want to point any fingers. I was pretty sure at the start of this kiting thing that speed kites would become a major aspect of kiting for me. It will be. With the Hawk I'm just now dipping my toe into this world of speed kiting. Man I want a Tiger.

• Like 1

Winds are perfect for the Tekken sul. Gimping around for the last 6 hours and I don't think I'll be flying today.Snivel,whine,mutter.Thinking the Hawk might have kicked my butt yesterday 😖. I'd really like to fly a Thors Hammer or something like that. If in the next year or so I run across one of you flying a kite like the Thor please tell me to GO AWAY!! Throw things at me if needed. Nothing to hard or sharp please. By summer 2020 flying this little Hawk I should be ready though.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Breezin said:

Winds are perfect for the Tekken sul. Gimping around for the last 6 hours and I don't think I'll be flying today.Snivel,whine,mutter.Thinking the Hawk might have kicked my butt yesterday 😖. I'd really like to fly a Thors Hammer or something like that. If in the next year or so I run across one of you flying a kite like the Thor please tell me to GO AWAY!! Throw things at me if needed. Nothing to hard or sharp please. By summer 2020 flying this little Hawk I should be ready though.

I've flown a Thor's Hammer. You would absolutely love it. I would have bought one the same day I tried it if I had the money.

Only read good things about that kite. Apparently it's got a right proper name. I'd probably be happy to just lick the kite. Not in front of anyone though :ani_whistling:. Especially in front of the owner :o. Actually no I'd refrain.That'd just be weird. Ah well back to the reading aspect of this kiting thing.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Breezin said:

Only read good things about that kite. Apparently it's got a right proper name. I'd probably be happy to just lick the kite. Not in front of anyone though :ani_whistling:. Especially in front of the owner :o. Actually no I'd refrain.That'd just be weird. Ah well back to the reading aspect of this kiting thing.

Very appropriately named.

Yesterday flew my vented with some gusts getting close to 25. Got a small hole by the upper spreader wear patch that I had to redo. Did that and when I came back out winds were going 25+. Called it a day. Get to meet up with some of the Rocky Mountain Kite Fliers tomorrow. Refrained from flying the Hawk cause I REALLY want to fly with others. It's a 130 mile drive and I want to make it. Practiced some different stances yesterday and I'm pretty confident the Hawk won't beat me up like last time. Well up to 20 mph anyways. Went outside several times when winds were going over 30. Man was it hard not putting this little beast in the air. The 14th get to meet up with them again along with some buggy people. SUPER STOKED!!!  Zipping along in a buggy at 80 mph would be scary, scary fun. I'd be totally freaking out and having a blast at 35. That close to the ground 35 would feel like 100 in a car.If winds are high Mon and Tue I'll fly the Hawk. I can recuperate by the weekend :devil:.

• Like 1