KiteLife Forum

Trick or Treat

riffclown

BOTH!!!

Only Concept and colors so far.. I'm thinking of embedding a very few lights in this sail, especially since both orange and purple lights are easy to find right now.. Not going overboard with this build.. just a few lights to bring out the details

HalloweenKite.jpg

20181006_160913.jpg

20181006_150220.jpg

I decided to stitch with white.. If the Purple will act a bit as a black light it might pop at night.. I can also try to find some Blacklight LEDs.   Either way, I think the white offsets it pretty well. LE will also be white. Edge Binding (and wear strips) will be orange.

The sewing on the panel is complete.. LE is made.. Time to marry the two and start finishing up this project.

20181008_113648.jpg

• Like 3

LE Attached.. Edge Binding and finishing remain. I do seem to have a pucker near the center of the LE which I need to address but will wait until framed to see if that makes a difference.. I also needed to add a bit of build to the TE to give it enough belly..

20181008_144501.jpg

• Like 1

Riff, are you addicted to lñkite seeing? Three posts ago (1 day) you said you were putting it away for the weekend ....and yet now you have done major work on it. With as often as you are working on all of them all I am starting to worry about you my friend. :) Said with a smile and knowing how you don't do anything just occasionally or halfway.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using KiteLife mobile app

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ACrop said:

Riff, are you addicted to lñkite seeing? Three posts ago (1 day) you said you were putting it away for the weekend ....and yet now you have done major work on it. With as often as you are working on all of them all I am starting to worry about you my friend. :) Said with a smile and knowing how you don't do anything just occasionally or halfway.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using KiteLife mobile app

Maybe??? I guess it wasn't the weekend any more..  Hoping to finish this one up and get it equipped with a travel frame to fly in New England in a few weeks.