KiteLife Forum

Sync Bridle (basics)

John Barresi

While I will be working on full length tutorials as weather and time allow, here is a basic intro to the Sync Bridle for those of you not on Facebook.

Summary for using the limiter adjustment on the Djinn:

My favorite knot (x) for an ideal wind range, second from the inside...

————O—-xO——O——O (end)

Shortening the distance between top and bottom decks of the bridle favors center sail compression, sharper response.

Lengthening that distance makes a more traditional “pull the leading edge” type of flight easier and reduces sensitivity (good for upper wind ranges when the kite is getting squirrelly).

There is also a slight increase in max forward speed when the limiter is lengthened.

More formal content is planned for the future, as well as more “on the spot” bits like this - thanks all, can’t wait to see the kite express themselves very differently in each of your hands. ☺️

Also FYI, all Djinns come standard on the middle setting like this:

————O——O—-xO——O (end)

Feel free to post any follow up questions here. 👍🏻

• Like 6
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Quite a few models (edit: of other styles of kites) have them. The Rev is an exception at its price point, nearly everything at that cost is adjustable. 

For single and dual line kites it is the way to adjust the pitch, giving faster or slower flight, more or less forward drive. A quick adjustment for strong or weak winds changes the feel, letting you match the conditions. 

Adjustable knots can also change the distribution of force. This is what most quad bridle adjustments do. 

Visually a few millimeters is not much, but on the kite it can be enough to destabilize flight, or to turn an okay flier into an amazing flier. You can slow down the kite for a gentle relaxing cruise, or crank it up to racing speeds and twitchy control. 

• Like 1

What other quad bridles are adjustable?

Almost everything on the market is using a static, traditional Rev bridle... 3 Wind has their own, French Bridle is distinct as is the Detox, maybe Swiss Made by Andi too, but none are specifically adjustable far as I know (certainly no open discussion on it) - I'm curious to see the rigging on a couple of the new Euro models (Sparrow, etc).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Barresi said:

What other quad bridles are adjustable?

Several, they're just not Hadziki wings, they're power kites.  Flexifoil's Blurr, Blade, and Rage. Prism's Tensor series. Several of Peter Lynn's quads.

None work the same as the Djinn's bridle because the wing design is different. Even so, they change how the force is distributed across the sail.

• Like 1

I have a followup question that's sort of about the bridle.  As I was reassembling my Djinn after cleaning from the Emerald Coast Quad Clinic (which was truly amazing, can't say enough about it) one of the T-connectors slipped out of the bridle at the leading edge.  How important is the position of the lark's head on that connector to the symmetry of the bridle?  Do I need to make sure the knot is in the same place on both sides?  If so, where?  Toward the inside, outside, or right in the middle?  As high up on the T as possible?

Here's the spot I mean:

image.png

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
41 minutes ago, makatakam said:

I want to buy a complete Djinn bridle. Is it available?

We only provide complete Djinn bridles under two combined qualifications...

1 - you already own a Djinn.

2 - you can send pics showing damage to components not included in the bridle kit (which is not complete), with an explanation.

Moral of the story, the Sync bridle does not directly port over to other kite designs due to variances in the location of the upright spars, etc, and even a small offset can 🤬 the whole thing so (a) I'm not keen on that and (b), it's the simple protection we have on the design for now - anyone who wants it, has to measure it off an existing Djinn the field and reverse engineer it themselves.

Not a satisfying answer perhaps, but I hope you'll respect the intent and approach. 😇 

• Like 1