KiteLife Forum

MtDandy

MtDandy

4 hours ago, MtDandy said:

G'day to all. I recently purchased a kite from Rascal kites in USA. I havent received my item and have had no reply to emails from the company. I have been charged for the item. Is Rascal kites dodgy ? 

Hey MtDandy. Sorry to hear of your problem.

Have not personally heard of them prior to your inquiry, but there is a Rascal Kites listed in the directory listing merchants in the American Kitefliers Association (AKA) so it is (or was, if that has changed) an existing entity.

http://aka.kite.org/local/find_mm.php?f=mrch&region=2

Do you have a phone number? A call may be in order. There may be a shipping complication for out of country orders, or other issue.

It may be unrelated, but a google search brought up a couple of threads discussing problems with an entity of that name (or similar) reported in another US kite forum, GWTW. These go back a few years.

If it comes to it, consider contacting your credit card company perhaps.

Hope this is of some assistance and that you are able to resolve your problem.

Keep us posted.

Thanks for the reply midibot. No phone number i can see on the site. Yes they mention the Kite flyers Assoc. I did see a post on line on someone having a problem with Rascal kites.  Maybe i just go strait to the consumer affairs and my bank to look at a refund. Australian dollars made this $60 purchase , along with the postage costs to be a fair loss.