KiteLife Forum

Epiphany today

CaCondor

13 MPH with gusts. The 1.5 full vent performed well with as much pull as I wanted.

What I finally realised was that I was flying with the 2 top strings as my focus and the other 2 bottom strings were for change. The main force is forward and the rest flows from that power. It made it easier for my mind to keep the sail full and moving, because I could remember where home was. Got the handles laid way back with the JB handle leads. Holding onto those 2 top strings, I only had to slightly wiggle my little fingers to hold or change direction. Now for the long road of dicipline. I want to be a good flyer. 

• Like 3

Once in awhile one of these massive beasts will fly in close and watch me flail around for a bit.golden-eagle-1665317_960_720.jpgGolden Eagles fear nothing except each other. Doesn't happen often but it's mind blowing how close they'll get.Makes me grin for days.Would be stunning to have a kite in the air with a California Condor. Maybe even with you when you reach your goals LOL🤣.

• Like 1

Have you tried sea gull? Pretty tasty.  Easy to catch.

Wait, and when you see a gull fly low over you, do a quick rocket launch. If you do indeed snag it, do a quick drop landing. My wife is usually ready to untangle the catch.