KiteLife Forum

SouthEast Tennessee

NVWalt

Moved here from Nevada 2 years ago to Tellico Plains. Have been a member of KiteLife for a few years living in NV. Fly at the Community Center ball fields most days that we get a breeze. Drag out your kite and join me if you see a kite in the air at the fields...Walt

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NVWalt said:

Drag out your kite and join me if you see a kite in the air at the fields..

I very much gladly would, but I would need a spectacular telescope for seeing that field. In fact, I would also need it to see any decent pilot from over/around here... If the surrounding kite flyers insist on hiding (because of them being non existent e.g.) I can only recommend some occasional travelling to some kiting event – one can live a long time on such an event (perhaps by actively keeping notes of observations and what has been learned). Another way is to find a kite video of someone about your skill level or slightly better and set that as a goal (or quietly surpass that video). Myself I appreciate not only those who share the “impossible” perfect video, but also intermediate stuff that is easier to relate to.

Surprised at the input. I haven't seen a kite up in the air since I moved here. BUT,,, there is always hope. If the breeze is strong enough to fly a traction kite I just may have to take the ol buggy out and make myself sore hoping there is enough wind to scoot along in the grass. Not like the playas I was used to. And then there is a fun fly kite festival in Maryville in April so hope springs eternal as they say. Good flying to all of you.                                        Funny you should mention telescopes, have a 12 inch Dob I like playing with. Just another good hobby.