KiteLife Forum

What's up from Saudi Arabia!

SmokeHavel

Hi, I'm George. Long time dual line kiter (kitist, kite lofter) just for fun. My first kite back in 2004 was a Prism Quantum, have it here in Saudi with me now. Just bought my first quad and looking forward to catching air with it, I actually bought 3 kites. All revs 1.5 SLE, Original Super Blast, and a Reflex XX with custom cut travel frame. I may just add a Djinn to the fleet also.

I retired from active duty Army a few years ago and now I work in SA, my home is Kansas though. I try to get out and fly as much as I can, helps to relax and clear my thoughts while reminding me of good times at the beach with my family.

Nice to meet everyone.

George

• Like 3

Hi, George, and welcome to the forum. I can see that you've committed to flying quads by how many you've purchased. I recommend approaching it with some patience. You'll need to forget some of your dual-line moves, but the line management skills you've acquired will be helpful. Quads are just a touch more difficult to get basic control of. When setting up and laying out your lines, remember that the apparent twists and tangles are not really there, and 99% of them will disappear once you put some tension in the lines. 

Most important is to smile, have fun and don't forget to breathe.

• Like 3

Before you put your quad set of lines out - watch JB's tutorial til you are sick off it - then watch some more!! We all have little personal twists to it, but the basics don't vary. Once you find a system that works - DO IT THE SAME WAY!!! Create a habit by doing it the same - everytime!!

• Like 2

Thanks for the tips. I've watched a lot of the Ktielife videos, I know i'm ready. And the Rev Club 38 should give me some structure to learning too. I'd be cool if I was closer to Mr. Barresi to attend a clinic. I have a New Tech Kites Spirit quad that I really like. Yeah some may say that kite is akin to riding the nickel car ride outside of Woolworth's, as opposed to driving a real car. But it was all I could afford and at least I was flying. Now that I'm grown, and the kids are out of the house, I can afford the ones I had wanted for so many years. Mr. Barresi may even have me talked into a new Djinn! That would be my Lambo sitting in the garage until I can drive it.

• Like 2