KiteLife Forum

THE burr

I gotta say, I love the look of the snagless handles, but they don't make me happy when flying. I find myself avoiding them in my bag...the weight or balence just feels wrong.

We talk about OPK and handles are a case when OPK can help you know what you like. However, before sure to ask what exactly it is you are using...I flew with OPK snagless handles before buying but it seems that there were not the same manufacturer. :(

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using KiteLife mobile app

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ACrop said:

I gotta say, I love the look of the snagless handles, but they don't make me happy when flying. I find myself avoiding them in my bag...the weight or balence just feels wrong.

We talk about OPK and handles are a case when OPK can help you know what you like. However, before sure to ask what exactly it is you are using...I flew with OPK snagless handles before buying but it seems that there were not the same manufacturer. :(

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using KiteLife mobile app

I've got maybe 20 hours on my converted snagless handles and can't tell a difference now. I've not snagged since the conversion and have yet to do the tops!!

I just did my first snagless conversion, and I wanted to thank everyone for warning me about "the burr"!  I was able to heat the end caps with hot water and pull them off, rather than push.  I could see the protrusion caused by the burr under the cap and avoided it easily.  Had I never heard of the burr... >shudder<

Thanks all!

"Hey don't you know / about the burr?  / Ah well the burr, burr, burr, the burr is the word"

• Like 1