DTill

Fixed my reflex today

One pesky sticker, a weird wrap and spring gone. Found some extra spars in my bag that are now useable. Anyone else try this? Let the comments fly. This forum is quiet and I'm in a conference tomorrow. 20190206_214844.jpg

i used two layers of electrical shrink tube to fix back the spring on the spar.  two years later is still holding 

Perfectly fine to fly with no springs, if you want it that way. You could use shrink wrap and heat it with a soldering iron to hold those springs, if you like that. 

• Like 1

I guess the sarcasm wasn't obvious enough. I don't like flying with springs, I removed them so they fit in the bag easier.

• Like 3

How's the sail work without them?? I would guess just like any other Rev sail. Is yours the XX or the smaller 1.5 size?

Flys normal, I bought a classic as my first Rev. I didn't know anything about Revs or Jon's history with them. Although I had met him and already owned a kymerra. I also picked up a reflex spider "thanks riff". But I rarely have a need for that much venting. Probably going to sell it and pick up a mid vent.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, DTill said:

But I rarely have a need for that much venting.

You might check the wind speed to see how many days, in your area, the wind was over 18mph last couple of years before you sell the Spider. You may be surprised at how many days per year the wind is that strong. It's about 50 days per year in my neck of the woods. That means that almost 1 out 6 times I want to fly the Spider would be my choice. As Murphy's law states, the time you really need it you won't have one. I live in the Chicago area, "Windy City" and all, but the reference actually regards the politics and not the weather. Chicago is about average as far as wind speed goes, and before I had a full vent I spent many days flying very uncomfortably or not at all. 

If you can afford to keep it you might consider doing so. I recommend you have either a full- or extra-vent in your quiver.

Then you've got it covered. That's good. I just wanted to make sure you don't miss any smiles. 🙂