KiteLife Forum

Fixed my reflex today

DTill

The "Classic" is a later 1.5 version that added Springs to the B-series design. The panel layout is exactly the same.  They were marketed mid to late 2017 as the replacement for the B-Series which they were no longer producing as of 1-1-2017. They added Springs and stopped including the extra frame with it.

As a side note. I just visited Rev's website and noticed they no longer "offer" the Classic.

4 hours ago, riffclown said:

The "Classic" is a later 1.5 version that added Springs to the B-series design. The panel layout is exactly the same.  They were marketed mid to late 2017 as the replacement for the B-Series which they were no longer producing as of 1-1-2017. They added Springs and stopped including the extra frame with it.

As a side note. I just visited Rev's website and noticed they no longer "offer" the Classic.

Riff is exactly correct on this, I ordered a mid vent that drop shipped from Rev through A wind of change. 200$ sail only, still a bargain for a proven sail. The newer ones have springs that are easier to remove and throw in the trash. http://www.awindofchange.com/product/rev-1-5-classic.html  There are better options out there today, but there much more expensive.  All my new sails will be from Kite Forge.  I think I'll let John sell out his current inventory at Long Beach then order a full sail and mid vent. 

On 2/7/2019 at 11:08 AM, DTill said:

Flys normal, I bought a classic as my first Rev. I didn't know anything about Revs or Jon's history with them. Although I had met him and already owned a kymerra. I also picked up a reflex spider "thanks riff". But I rarely have a need for that much venting. Probably going to sell it and pick up a mid vent.

Sold the spider and built a mesh and bought  a mid vent. Love the mesh ,but it doesn't  catch and throw like the mid. The spider has to much venting in the center. Rev doesn't  have any idea of how to vent a kite. You need sail area  in the center and vent the edges. They failed on the spider and probably did it again on the tarantula. Why would you take a low wind kite and vent the center.