KiteLife Forum

Quiet word from the admin...

Picking up this little treasure tomorrow morning. :)

D0C5A6F7-FB71-4690-A7CD-CFA956ED1AD2.jpeg

973E99FF-D47F-4760-84E5-9FE5073F89AE.png  EC44A609-961C-4D55-9C8D-6CEB020543C0.png

238FDFD3-BE86-453F-BEA2-C15EA124AA29.png

1990 Winnebago Itasca Micro Spirit... 

• Roughly 97K
  • Just 2 owners before me
  • All major service receipts since 1990
  • Rebuilt engine, tranny and starter
  • Clean CARFAX

She’s nearly 30 years old, I’m already anticipating some work ahead although she has all the telltale signs and records of having been cared for quite well... Looking forward to a crash course over the next week, regardless. 👍🏻

First priorities are to replace the propane tank and get a generator / solar combo to tend the RV battery, also have to have a kite cabinet / case built for where the “activity cabinet” sits in that diagram (currently empty floor space).

Already tapped into (and visited / confirmed) an excellent Boondocking site on an old couple’s homestead about 30 minutes south of Portland, as well as securing RV storage to swap my car and RV in and out of as needed depending on what I’m doing (traveling or not). ✌️

• Like 7
  • Like 1

Sweet rig but I have to ask. DOES IT HAVE DORTS??? If not will they be custom fitted with your kite closet? What are you going to call it?  It is a cool little booger.Calling it Booger might be a little gross though.Ooops wait it's "cool  little bugger". Never mind.

• Like 1
  • Like 1

hi John, I know you don't know me yet but wanted to express to you my thoughts of concern for you and hopefully send ya  a little  of my strength and peace to help you get by in your time of struggle. 

very sincerely, elliot51 A.K.A. jim krynak. oberlin ohio. 

• Thanks 1

Sorry to hear your news. Sending you and your family a telepathic hug. While the situation is sure to be tough the amount of thoughtfulness and concern for other that you bring to everyday life is sure to help you all come through this as well as can be managed.

There is enough space in my driveway to park your KYT 4GE if you ever need a spot to stop in Maryland.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using KiteLife mobile app

• Thanks 1

Hi all, just popping in for an update...

All the RV repairs and upgrades are holding strong - also put in new carpet, replaced the battery and a failing master brake cylinder, having a 2-way alarm put in today... Pretty much the last thing to fix is the shower, a couple of small cracks and some recaulking.

In the meantime, I’m sort of scattered to the four winds with my various divided worlds:

1 - the family’s apartment (Luca’s home and some office tasks)

2 - the RV life (night parking, fill, dump, etc)

3 - my storage unit (other office tasks, RV storage)

4 - my father’s home (visits and parttime night parking)

5 - and of course, lots of upcoming travel by plane (storing RV, etc)

Basically, draw a big skewed rectangle over all of Portland and that’s my map from day to day at home... No real efficient way to slice it all up, but I’m doing what I can.

220A528E-2B9A-49B6-8A72-995D3E5FCBD3.jpeg 9F7BD65F-C391-4D6C-B3D1-CFBB59A333A2.jpeg 4505B7F0-EE97-42B2-9269-1237D2508410.jpeg

I’m not complaining, I’ll find a rhythm with all this but I wanted to inform everyone as to my status, and hopefully preserve the ongoing patience and support shown by all of you during this significant transition.

Fly happy, fly well! ✌️

• Like 7
  • Like 1

Wow that is a lot going on. Sorry about the the separation and the living situation. The cost of living is tough these days.

I do a lot of boondocking also. 4x4 truck and canopy so lots of off road stuff. Hard to find good areas near Portland and not be city camping.

I keep thinking there should be a way to improve the financial opportunities in the kite business so it could be a solid career choice for people, which would get more people involved, and drive the financial side of it. I was thinking trade schools for kite making, and competitive flying.

• Like 1