KiteLife Forum

First Rev benefit to buying new?

gmrviper

5 hours ago, gmrviper said:

I went ahead and ordered a Rev EXP a few minutes ago. Pro Kite USA had a 15% off coupon so it was a good price I could afford. I think they have already shipped it so maybe the weather will warm up and I can get it out sometime this week. In the mean time ill keep watching videos! Looking forward to trying it out. 

Is it a reflex? Probably 65 foot lines which are a bit harder to learn on, IE... handle input gets to kite faster...compared to longer lines. Slow, small, inputs. 

• Like 2

I have gotten a chance to fly my EXP a couple of times in really light inconsistent winds. I think I can get it down, but its a lot different from the other kites I have flown. Im starting to understand how to do a turn. Gotta watch all the tutorial videos again. Right now I am just focusing on landing and taking off. Pretty fun stuff! Bring on the warm weather!

• Like 3

go to Reed Design kites < https://reeddesign.co.uk/kites/iskcb/mi17.html > and look up these various animations of the precision figures for competition.  Doesn't matter if you want to do that, only that you can have something specific to work on.  This is a favorite of mine the "Octogon", a stop sign outlined in reverse flight. 

You'll need Flash/by Adobe to view 'em and it is so worth your effort to make this happen!

Imagine how SLOW you can do them, how precisely, imagine how they can blended, transitioning from one to another.  How you could/should select components of each/of some favorites and add them together, into you own routine, suitable for a demonstration.

Also, ALWAYS fly to music and relax too, let the kite do all the work,... if it doesn't do that (in today's conditions) you have another kite to acquire!

• Like 2
  • Like 1